Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If it was available in Canada, I would definitely get Riviera Blue. Personally, I think that color is made for super cars.
It is available in Canada under the Exclusive paint premium, and as its already a pre-approved colour, it should not add significantly to your the order time. Not sure about Canada pricing but in UK its £2500 (minus typical 9% discount)

Interestingly, if you order a Porsche in this colour (and riviera is a Porsche colour) the price is £3,788 and little discount.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
It is available in Canada under the Exclusive paint premium, and as its already a pre-approved colour, it should not add significantly to your the order time. Not sure about Canada pricing but in UK its £2500 (minus typical 9% discount)

Interestingly, if you order a Porsche in this colour (and riviera is a Porsche colour) the price is £3,788 and little discount.
I will definitely visit my dealer soon to verify this. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Exclusive colour seat backrests available only on the buckets seats and in the UK, are a £1850 option. The strange thing is the current UK brochure and configurator for MY17 state it is matt effect, when these Riviera seats are clearly glossy.

I also could not find this option on the US / Canada configurators, but it may still be available through the Audi Exclusive / Custom build, in the same way you can order custom stitching even though its not in the brochure.

seats.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
If viper green is too bright for you, then how about this Java Green Metallic? It's one of the very few colours that just doesn't work for me on the R8.

java green.jpg
java green2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Ever wondered how an R8 would look in Porsche Miami blue? Probably not. Here's one for sale at Grimsby Audi (NE England)

I don't mind the colour - a greener version of Riviera - but like most pastel colours I feel it would look better in Miami than in Grimsby.

miami8.jpg
miami9.jpg
miami7.jpg
miami6.jpg

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Love the look of that. It's always been a favourite of mine. Have to agree though it would definitely look better in the Miami sunshine than grey Grimsby.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think R8 is such a cool looking car that it looks good in just about any color, IMO. My favs are miami blue (and just about any blue), nardo grey, and tango red not in any order. All just personal preference really. You only live once so just do it!

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
A few more....

BMW San Marino Blue - B51

Audi Mica Racing Blue - I could not find the paint code.

Porsche Amaranth Violet - 39D

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I can't be sure of this one is Viper Green - 225, as previously posted, or Audi "green" which was previously Porsche RS Green - 2D8

Nano Grey Metallic - LX7M (not Nardo grey)

Prism Silver Metallic - LX7T

·
Registered
572 Posts
This is a great set of exclusive color pics! I actually sprung for the Ipanema Brown on our Q5 TDI S Line and it draws a ton of positive feedback. Another favorite of mine is Samoa Orange. I’m sure you can find a pic somewhere for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 76 Posts