Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they are finally here, all looking lovely and being carefully run in, and they are all on UK plates too.

Its getting close now

·
Registered
782 Posts
Are those end-user or dealer / importer cars?

·
Registered
840 Posts
These are not end user cars, i would guess that these will be press cars, dealer cars and maybe the cars we get to try on a track.
I'm sure that these are ... press cars ... they are or have been ... slightly run in ... prior to the UK press getting their grubby little mits on them.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm sure that these are ... press cars ... they are or have been ... slightly run in ... prior to the UK press getting their grubby little mits on them.
:) The waiting is now even thougher, with all those R8's driving around :/

·
Registered
840 Posts
Expect press reports in Europe to really start flowing towards the end of April ... there is a launch due to take place somewhere in Southern France from 21 April to 26 April ... I'm not sure if this is a European or a French press launch ... but I suspect the 21 R8s that were recently 'run in' for around 1,000miles on their trip to Scotland and back ... may well feature in the launch

I would have been more than happy ... to have given them a hand to run one in ... maybe if they need some others running in ... they'll give remember to ask me ... :p :p :p

·
Registered
840 Posts
... there is a launch due to take place somewhere in Southern France from 21 April to 26 April ...
This is actually the UK press launch ... the chosen location is meant to be close to some good driving roads ... and is meant to be one of the more sunny/dry areas in France.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Audi R8 spotted in Holland: The guy that spotted it got the chance to drive along in it and he filmed it:

Check it out: http://www.autogespot.com/index.php?id=184

At the end he found out that the drive was the CEO of Top Gear Holland.
What a lucky guy, still waiting in the UK to just even hear an engine yet alone see one on the open road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts