Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We sold 8 sets of our Öhlins TTX Coilovers - Ahlman Performance Stage II - for Gen 1 Audi R8 in less than a month last November so we ordered another 8 sets immediately. These sets finally arrive in early May 2021 and all 8 sets are sold. And now 4 of 9 new sets from 6/23/21 remain as of 6/30/21. Email me at [email protected] with your R8Talk screen name for a $200 off discount code.

Here are some example feedback posts for this suspension and our website link.

Fabspeed/Ahlman 1st Gen Gated V10 Transformation by at @Silvergalt
and post #15 by @chrisna35 on this thread

Making my R8 what it should have been from the factory... by @FRISKY

Introduction - Scott Ahlman - Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics... at post #72 by @4thlastcar!

Details and purchase from our website: Öhlins TTX Suspension - Ahlman Performance Stage II for Gen 1 Audi R8

Versus Magride - Greater connection to your R8 with more direct/linear steering, better and more consistent handling capability and balance, better rough road grip and equal to better ride than comfort mode. Along with 18 pounds reduction total in unsprung mass. All made in Sweden and the USA. We are glad to answer any questions.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only 2 sets are left of 8 our our Ohlins TTX Ahlman Performance Stage II suspension arethat took 6 months to get. And 3 R8 owners are looking to buy this week. My next sets are supposed to be in 1-2 months.

Bolt On Ready - No Customer Adjustments Needed
We sell complete systems that make your R8 better that are ready to bolt on. We do not sell parts that require customer adjustment.

Our Ohlins TTX Ahlman Performance Stage II coilovers have the springs and spring perch set to the proper ride height desired for your car as well as the damper adjusters. So our Ohlins TTX AP Stage II is ready to bolt onto your R8. No adjustments.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still available? What’s the cost on these? Need new setup ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry missed this post. I have one set of these Ohlins Stage II's left. I am waiting on springs right now, but should have some in the next week.

These Ohlins TTX Ahlman Performance Stage II's are $5750 - $200 for R8Talk. And $510 for mag ride electronic delete kit, if needed. Plus shipping.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, you have a p.m.
Savvas Zorzos
Replied to your PM. Last set in stock just sold, but next sets coming in 2-4 weeks...timing has varied and been behind.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
We have just received another (9) sets of our Öhlins TTX Coilovers - Ahlman Performance Stage II - for Gen 1 Audi R8. Same R8Talk discount applies (email or PM for the discount code) except prices have gone up $100 due to a price increase for springs. (3) sets are sold.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have not been keeping up with this thread due to workload. We had received another 9 sets of these Ohlins TTX Ahlman Performance Stage II setup at the end of August along with difficult to get springs these days. We have 5 sets remaining without timing for the next ones as supply has been a continuing challenge. See R8Talk feedback examples at the top of this thread. Ride height and adjusters are set for you. No adjustment needed for the street. Just bolt on and enjoy.

Many ask about the ride height. Here is an example of our R8 set up for the standard 10 mm lower front and rear.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ever put the Stance Air Cap on top of these for steep driveways and or speed bumps? Also, how low can you have these? How low is practical? 2" ??

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ever put the Stance Air Cap on top of these for steep driveways and or speed bumps? Also, how low can you have these? How low is practical? 2" ??
No we have not. We looked into them a bit (iLift specifically - not sure if they make them for Stance). And installer told us they work decently but you would not want to raise lower about 3 times in a row in a garage, for example, as it would overheat the circuit and little compressor. We decided it was not robust enough to pursue it further and our Lambo customers want to just use their factory lift with the coilovers so we need to adapt for them.
We run 10 mm down from stock - above picture (so about 4-5/8" ride height). The Gen 1 R8 travels at the front are supper low. We would have to stiffen the springs and damping a lot to lower it even an 1", which would degrade the grip and ride a lot.

For the 10 mm down looks good (above in my picture) and is practical for speed bumps and driveway ingress/egress (I still go at a high angle). Much lower is not practical.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No we have not. We looked into them a bit (iLift specifically - not sure if they make them for Stance). And installed told us they work decently but you would not want to raise lower about 3 times in a row in a garage, for example, as it would overheat the circuit and little compressor. We decided it was not robust enough to pursue it further and our Lambo customers want to just use their factory lift with the coilovers so we need to adapt for them.
We run 10 mm down from stock - above picture (so about 4-5/8" ride height). The Gen 1 R8 travels at the front are supper low. We would have to stiffen the springs and damping a lot to lower it even an 1", which would degrade the grip and ride a lot.

For the 10 mm down looks good (above in my picture) and is practical for speed bumps and driveway ingress/egress (I still go at a high angle). Much lower is not practical.
It doesn't look steep in the picture, but even with the Bridgit installed in the drainage area below, it scraps horribly (stock height), even coming in at an angle... I put a second picture to get a better idea of the grade. If you zoom in, it's pretty steep. They originally told us we couldn't put that front gate in there with the swinging open style gate (didn't want to put the sliders in) we eventually found a guy who knew how to do steep swinging gate.

The point is, I have got to be able to raise it and it seems like people are raving about the Stance Air Cap saying it goes on top of BC Coilovers with ease. However, I have not seen an R8 and Your set up is dialed already.. so was just wondering. I wouldn't want to drive it 1" off the ground, just rolling into a car show or something. Even the Stance Air Cups can only give you 2" of travel (higher only) than the set height of your coil over.
Sky Property Cloud Plant Tree
Sky Mountain Plant Cloud Tree

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It doesn't look steep in the picture, but even with the Bridgit installed in the drainage area below, it scraps horribly (stock height), even coming in at an angle... I put a second picture to get a better idea of the grade. If you zoom in, it's pretty steep. They originally told us we couldn't put that front gate in there with the swinging open style gate (didn't want to put the sliders in) we eventually found a guy who knew how to do steep swinging gate.

The point is, I have got to be able to raise it and it seems like people are raving about the Stance Air Cap saying it goes on top of BC Coilovers with ease. However, I have not seen an R8 and Your set up is dialed already.. so was just wondering. I wouldn't want to drive it 1" off the ground, just rolling into a car show or something. Even the Stance Air Cups can only give you 2" of travel (higher only) than the set height of your coil over.
View attachment 267424 View attachment 267425
Definitely doesn't look like a worse ingress/egress in these pics than I approach daily. Would need a more pure side view shot to see it better. But I believe you. Regardless, we do not have high confidence (performance and reliability/durability) with these solutions to work to integrate them as as option. Further these would require flipping our Ohlins TTX's for the Gen 1 upside down to work properly, which would then make the adjusters impossible to reach with wheels/tires on...though this is rarely needed - that is if this packaged.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Definitely doesn't look like a worse ingress/egress in these pics than I approach daily. Would need a more pure side view shot to see it better. But I believe you. Regardless, we do not have high confidence (performance and reliability/durability) with these solutions to work to integrate them as as option. Further these would require flipping our Ohlins TTX's for the Gen 1 upside down to work properly, which would then make the adjusters impossible to reach with wheels/tires on...though this is rarely needed - that is if this packaged.
I hear you. Thank you for the response.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hear you. Thank you for the response.
I hope you find a good solution. I am sorry we cannot help on this at this point. These Stance parts are inexpensive...the labor (whether you or a shop) is more expensive for implementation it seems. Though it seems you could get away with just the front for ingress/egress. The front only would also be easier on the compressor system that would appear to be taxed somewhat easily.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I hope you find a good solution. I am sorry we cannot help on this at this point. These Stance parts are inexpensive...the labor (whether you or a shop) is more expensive for implementation it seems. Though it seems you could get away with just the front for ingress/egress. The front only would also be easier on the compressor system that would appear to be taxed somewhat easily.
Yes, my plan is to do the front only and see how that works. I'm doing the work myself (if I get stuck I have Matt Petrochek @MattsAutosport to help get me unstuck - if he's available).

I'm still in research mode... takes me a long time to make decisions... ha ahaha I have a lot going on in life :cool:
I just wish I could have it all. Max performance and drop it to the ground like bags too :cool:

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, my plan is to do the front only and see how that works. I'm doing the work myself (if I get stuck I have Matt Petrochek @MattsAutosport to help get me unstuck - if he's available).
Got it. Matt is a great resource out there. I am glad you found him. I met and worked with Matt on the Stig's Persian Cousin Super Trofeo custom Ohlins TTX's.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We have 5 sets of our Öhlins TTX Coilovers - Ahlman Performance Stage II - for the Gen 1 Audi R8 in stock for immediate delivery. Email me at [email protected] with your R8Talk screen name for a $200 off discount code plus free shipping if ordered before the EOD Monday 11/29.

Here are some example feedback posts for this suspension and our website link.

Fabspeed/Ahlman 1st Gen Gated V10 Transformation by at @Silvergalt
and post #15 by @chrisna35 on this thread

Making my R8 what it should have been from the factory... by @FRISKY

Introduction - Scott Ahlman - Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics... at post #72 by @4thlastcar!

Details and purchase from our website: Öhlins TTX Suspension - Ahlman Performance Stage II for Gen 1 Audi R8

Versus Magride - Greater connection to your R8 with more direct/linear steering, better and more consistent handling capability and balance, better rough road grip and equal to better ride than comfort mode. Along with 18 pounds reduction total in unsprung mass. All made in Sweden and the USA. We are glad to answer any questions.

We ran the chicane curbs hard at APEX Motor Club with no loss in stability or grip as shown here. Our Stage II suspension set up was designed for a balance between road and track - as the feedback above and this lap confirms.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 24 Posts