Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R8 V10+ Tango Red
79 Posts
Do you know the model number of the blendmount used? Usually the detector sits flush with the bottom of the mirror. At lest with my GTR and RS7 it does. I have an off brand mount now and it fits the R7 tight to the bottom of the mirror, but boy is it ugly.
invoice says “BR7-2032 Blendmount”

note the install guide which says to leave some space between the mirror

https://blendmount.com/content/pdf/BR7-2032 INSTALL.pdf

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I disagree. You only need a millimeter or two, the blendmount lets you pull down on the detector to access top features. Besides, all the important buttons for the R7 are on on the side, once you set everything you’re not gonna be constantly adjusting volume or pressing pressing the power button on top.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I heard cops nowadays are using laser and all these radar detectors are useless, sorry Im newbie in this topic, is it true? I don't wanna shell 500 plus and pay a speeding ticket.
I find cops drive around with their radar on, around town all the time. My V1 arrows pick them up, so I know what direction they are coming from. In 5 months, V1 has saved me 3 to 4 times, so that paid for itself easy.

·
Registered
2020 performance coupe
44 Posts
V1 is really only good with accessory apps, R7/Redline360 is a better overall package also with arrows. The R7 also has the longest ranges currently. Another important feature is gps lockouts, and the ability to segment the bands you want the detector looking for. Check out vortex radar for all kinds of info.

Cops are still heavily reliant on k/ka radar bands, well worth running. Waze is still king, run them concurrently for the best coverage. Nothing is foolproof though....
Have zero idea what urban dystopia you live in but that there is, uh, BS.
V1...you need ZERO apps....none. Waze is useless against moving units, of which, around here there are plenty....including BEHIND you, and WAZE often, drives you nuts with incorrect dated info, and in most tests the R7 is essentially dead even long range.
I've had V1's for 30 years...now two V1 G2's. OVERALL, zero better units out there. Current software is just magnificent.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
V1...you need ZERO apps....none. Waze is useless against moving units, of which, around here there are plenty....including BEHIND you, and WAZE often, drives you nuts with incorrect dated info, and in most tests the R7 is essentially dead even long range.
I've had V1's for 30 years...now two V1 G2's. OVERALL, zero better units out there. Current software is just magnificent.
It's 100% true, neither model of V1 has GPS, you need an app like JBV1 or V1driver and connect via bluetooth with your phone. The R7 has longer and faster overall performance, which is important for highway driving, especially if you don't wish to couple with Waze. Vortex Radar is the best forum for radar detector info/data.

In short: if you wish to have an out-of-the-box detector with arrows, the R7 is better, and requires no apps for GPS features. Both are the same price, about 500$.

·
Registered
2020 performance coupe
44 Posts
Just gotta love the guys that make this sound like strapping into an F18 for a mission over Iraq. GPS?
Doesn’t have a microwave or a convection oven either. Like I said for highway driving nothing better,
For stationary traps I often start picking them up almost a mile out. Can’t tell you how many of these things I had friends buy after 1-2 rides with me. And I’ve seen multiple other tests where the R7 does’nt break into top 3.
Myself, I buy a car like this to drive not scan, 12 apps on my Iphone

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
^ Dude, you're on another planet. If you wish to argue results with Vortex Radar (arguably the most comprehensive radar detector database out there), by all means. BUT, according to VR, you are wrong. GPS is a very important feature these days on a detector for a multitude or reasons, including false lockouts, speedtraps, cameras, etc. If you don't want to run radar apps, a Redline 360 or R7 would be the better choice to capture full functionality in a detector.

·
Registered
2020 performance coupe
44 Posts
Dude... anybody with a Mandolorian avatar using DUDE tells me everything I need to know.
Best of luck out there in Dudeworld.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Dude... anybody with a Mandolorian avatar using DUDE tells me everything I need to know.
Best of luck out there in Dudeworld.

And your Star Wars trivia is rusty, Boba Fett is NOT Mandalorian, he just donned his "father's" armor.

Reactions: Chocofishez
21 - 30 of 30 Posts