Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi octane lovers. I have been a member here since this spring and also relatively new to R8 scene. I'm driving Spyder.
If anyone can help me with two different rattles that I'm experiencing, both on the right passenger side. The first one I narrowed down in red circle and this one is occasional, more pronounced if I go over a speed bump, uneven road... It sound like leather rubs on some plastic or something like that.
Other rattle is more frequent, it's also on the right side (I think) and it is more of a low sound rattle or buzz. It reminds me of a sound when in older cars you turn up clima for the first time, and ventilators chirp or buzz for the second or two. It's similar here, but it has something to do with roads and vibrations, not with clima. Classic rattle.

If anyone could help, I would appreciate it a lot. On the side note, I'm really enjoying driving a car, especially now when it's not too hot for the top to go down :)
Thanks.
Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
2022 Performance RWD
47 Posts
I have a similar issue on my 2022, not sure how much of it is due to my ridiculously loud exhaust I currently have on it though... It definitely comes from the same areas and only when hitting bumps or uneven roads like you are having..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a similar issue on my 2022, not sure how much of it is due to my ridiculously loud exhaust I currently have on it though... It definitely comes from the same areas and only when hitting bumps or uneven roads like you are having..
Hi, thanks for the reply. Do you have both rattle, the one that sounds like leather rubbing and it’s more pronounced or the second one that is just buzz or rattle but you can hear it more often?
O hope someone will help us with DIY :)

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
1,034 Posts
for the coupe owners. Is anyone also experiencing a rattle behind the seat near the car seat tethers? I think the cap that covers the bar that the hook mounts to rattles. Especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
2022 Performance RWD
47 Posts
for the coupe owners. Is anyone also experiencing a rattle behind the seat near the car seat tethers? I think the cap that covers the bar that the hook mounts to rattles. Especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust.
I'll have to check it out, I wasn't sure if it was inside the car or if something didn't get installed properly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed when I use seat belt it tends to rub little on the upper seat, and can make some noise when driving.

·
Registered
2018 Audi R8 Plus
75 Posts
I have that also, I am yet to tear into the panel myself to see what it could be.

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
1,034 Posts
I have that also, I am yet to tear into the panel myself to see what it could be.
min gonna try to stick a piece of rubber or felt in the gaps and see if the rattle stops.

don’t know who’s bright idea it was to add car seat tethers to an R8. Do any other Modern supercars have car seat tethers? Lol.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Great idea. Can you post couple of pictures if that solution works ?
Def bud. Will do. Dunno why Audi would include these tethers in the car in the first place. An extra fold down hook for hanging a suit jacket would’ve been much more practical. And not the one that’s already in the car which you can even fit a hangar on. I used it to hook on the loop of my suit jacket but the angle is so awkward that it wrinkled it when I got to my office.

·
Registered
2 Posts
min gonna try to stick a piece of rubber or felt in the gaps and see if the rattle stops.

don’t know who’s bright idea it was to add car seat tethers to an R8. Do any other Modern supercars have car seat tethers? Lol.
I've also had this issue. Not sure how to describe what worked for me but try opening the lid slightly but not all the way. There should be a point where there's some resistance before you're allowed to lift the plastic lid all the way. Hope this helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've also had this issue. Not sure how to describe what worked for me but try opening the lid slightly but not all the way. There should be a point where there's some resistance before you're allowed to lift the plastic lid all the way. Hope this helps
On what lid are you referring to ? Can you please explain

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is it possible that no one are experiencing this rubbing of leather and plastic somewhere on the right side ? More I listen to it, more I think it’s a click or tick sound not rubbing. It’s hard to explain.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts