Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent a lot of money on new rear lights, service and inspection top to bottom. And they found a worn ball joint rear right side. This brings me to a big secund bill..

V8 ball joint isn’t avalible anymore and i have to change everything in the rear to «v10» parts. The parts alone in norway is around 4-5000usd..

Has anyone a ball joint v8 version for me to buy in the meantime before i change to v10 parts?$$

Sorry for bad english :)

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
I had one go on my V10 and could hear it knocking going over bad surfaces.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

1. That is the lower control arm, which should be the same as any V10 cars.

The one that is different is the rear toe arm which is straight.

I could be wrong
    Yeah, maybe the control arm is the same, but I don`t think the ball joint is the same on the control arm? I don`t know if I can change just the ball joint or if I need the whole arm. If someone has something that can work I will then do some more resserch if it will fit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New update. I got final price with parts and work. 8000usd for v10 upgrade.. Has someone done the upgrade for less? Maybe shipping my car to germany if the price is right. But first I give it a try to find used, but good lower ball joint for v8. Please give me a word if you see something or a car that is at a scrap yard. :) My car is going in for winter storage now and I have 6 months to find the right part. Thank you so much for replies on this post.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Lower CONTROL arm. Suspension Control Arm.
This Fits Your 2008 Audi R8 Base Coupe 4.2L V8 M/T

NO LONGER AVAILABLE ACCORDING TO WEBSITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 420505312C Product Image

Part Number: 420505312C
Supersession(s): 420505312B

Incl.Bushings. Suspension component that connects and provides pivotal movement of the Steering Knuckle to he vehicle.

Fits R8

to 5/17/10.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Give Happyparts.de a try, they carry a lot of spares from dismantled cars.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Wow. This thread has taken me by surprise.
I am reading this right?

So a rear control arm wearing out can cost around $5000+ as they no longer have the original V8 parts anymore?

what the...

Does anybody have a rough mileage for when these things wear?
This is worse than mag ride failure by the sounds of things...!

Control arms on my BMW E46 are a few hundred pounds!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just as a follow up...
I emailed Audi here in Bristol about this saying I was worried the part was discontinued etc.
And they have replied:
(he's a good guy, just quite blunt!)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts