Audi R8 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
What's your cars VIN number? does it coincide with this statement - all V8's and V10's (2008-2010) and up to and including VIN 002563 in 2011.
Is the vin number the last part in the chassi number? WUAZZZ4208N
Same thing. The VIN is the chassis number.
then it
Same thing. The VIN is the chassis number.
then i hit the jackpot with my car. I have had the car for one year now so i do not think any warrenty will cover
View attachment 244990

Just had this reply. They have them in stock, I'm going to order a replacement set just in case.
Up to you if you choose to go down the V10 route out of choice would advise you can save thousands however...
Can I get the mail adress on pm so I can send a messege? It would been heaven on earth if I could buy one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry if I wasn't more clear. The last 5 digits seem to start at zero again for every model year (or something like that). So to be more clear the older designs are all 2008-2010 cars (both V8 and V10) and for the model year 2011 all VIN's up to number 02563.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is the vin number the last part in the chassi number? WUAZZZ4208N

then it

then i hit the jackpot with my car. I have had the car for one year now so i do not think any warrenty will cover

Can I get the mail adress on pm so I can send a messege? It would been heaven on earth if I could buy one.
I can put you in touch, but Bristol Audi don't do remote payment for parts anymore after some massive scam they suffered. Infact BMW don't do it either.
I go in and pay for parts in the HQ when I get them. They have advised me Cardiff Audi has an online system for buying parts though, so I would contact them, they will have the same warehouse I would imagine...

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I can put you in touch, but Bristol Audi don't do remote payment for parts anymore after some massive scam they suffered. Infact BMW don't do it either.
I go in and pay for parts in the HQ when I get them. They have advised me Cardiff Audi has an online system for buying parts though, so I would contact them, they will have the same warehouse I would imagine...

Thank you, I can talk to bristol first to confirm that the part I need is possible to buy. My mail is [email protected] if that is the way to go.

·
Registered
402 Posts
For those who haven't seen the post from 2013 there's a link below. This whole subject makes interesting reading, the link is related to this thread and shows that the part number ending in D is on the invoice. The discontinuing of the early suspension parts spares for the early suspension was known 6 years ago.

https://www.r8talk.com/threads/heads-up-r8-v8-rear-ball-joint-replacement.12220/

I imagine, the only way to know if a particular R8 has the discontinued parts is either to ring them with your VIN and ask them to look at the parts catalogue? I was told a few years ago by Audi that it was only the early V8's that had the 'spares not available anymore and the whole lot has to be chnaged' as the V10's have updated rear suspension parts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thank you, I can talk to bristol first to confirm that the part I need is possible to buy. My mail is [email protected] if that is the way to go.
I'd drop a line to:

[email protected]

And then tell them it's a parts enquiry, should get you through to the right department from there.
But as I said if you are needing to do mail order parts they will direct you to Cardiff Audi I expect..

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
159 Posts
To update you guys,

When going to order the actual parts....
Looks like the part numbers are the same, but the part itself is different. You guys were right with your stories about it of course.
Thought what I found was too good to be true...

Oh dear.
Assuming the mag ride, this and the AC need fixing that's about £15K alone!

Looks like an extended warranty is basically a must when buying an R8.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I have an '09 and my vin number is 2562.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thought I would run this by Ricky to see what he thought...
promising news on the saga for UK based people....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Thank you so much. I placed order on it and waiting for it to be shipped. You can have saved me for 6000 dollar now.. :)
That's great news, I do accept thank you cheques ???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just spent a lot of money on new rear lights, service and inspection top to bottom. And they found a worn ball joint rear right side. This brings me to a big secund bill..

V8 ball joint isn’t avalible anymore and i have to change everything in the rear to «v10» parts. The parts alone in norway is around 4-5000usd..

Has anyone a ball joint v8 version for me to buy in the meantime before i change to v10 parts?$$

Sorry for bad english :)
Don’t no if you still need ball joint but have to original suspension arms that have been reconditioned by tolls Royce engineer

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hi

You can buy it here > [email protected]

Tom

I just spent a lot of money on new rear lights, service and inspection top to bottom. And they found a worn ball joint rear right side. This brings me to a big secund bill..

V8 ball joint isn’t avalible anymore and i have to change everything in the rear to «v10» parts. The parts alone in norway is around 4-5000usd..

Has anyone a ball joint v8 version for me to buy in the meantime before i change to v10 parts?$$

Sorry for bad english :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jesus, that's a crazy invoice for replacing suspension components. I gotta look up parts cost for replacing wishbones on all four corners. No way I'm paying a dealer ungodly amounts of money for labor I can perform half-asleep. I'm guessing parts alone will be a pretty penny, tho. Has no one found a suitable ball joint replacement?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hi

Here in Germany, if an axle handlebar is damaged, the M12 ball joint is replaced, the entire axle is replaced by an M14 ball joint axle handlebar and the bearing housing for wheel bearings. Only the damaged part is paid for.

The manufacturer Vargalant has ball joint in M12 for the R8.

Tom

41 - 60 of 66 Posts