Audi R8 Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi

Here in Germany, if an axle handlebar is damaged, the M12 ball joint is replaced, the entire axle is replaced by an M14 ball joint axle handlebar and the bearing housing for wheel bearings. Only the damaged part is paid for.

The manufacturer Vargalant has ball joint in M12 for the R8.

Tom
I've heard forum members say that Vargalant makes a compatible ball joint. After some searching, I think I found it:

Looks like it's the only thing they make for the R8. But there is not stated price on the site and I can't seem to even add it to the cart.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi

There is no price on the website.
You have to make a phone call.
An acquaintance told me via PN that the price is higher.

Tom

·
Registered
2007 V8 M/T Carbon Wingback
15 Posts
Yes, Vargalant ~€ 90,- p/p (6 rear, 4 front) or full replacement V10 via Audi € 5k (rear only) or after complaining, € 2,5k (50% discount)..

·
Registered
22 Posts
hello,

I had the same problem :420505311d : whole rear axle on Gen1
on an audi r8 gen1, the left wishbone has broken.
A lot of Audi R8 have this problem, v8 and v10.
So just change the ball joint is not dangerous ? These ball are always M12, not M14 as audi advocates since 2011.
So At any time they can break again.
If Audi repair my car (with M14), the cost is 8k€.... With these balls "just" 600€, but the risk of breakage still exists then, at any time, and so can kill me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Check my thread here for more info on how to contact VPS on line and part info e.g. M12 versus M14

And no reason why replacing just the ball joint would be dangerous. It is usually a routine part to replace on other cars.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts