Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have problems with the rear spoiler retracting since the update? I have pulled into a parking space several times since the update and noticed my rear spoiler is still deployed. It goes right down with the spoiler button and as I have watched it recently, it appears to deploy and retract normally during driving. Anybody seeing this?

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think if you pull into the parking stall at 60 mph+, it will not have time to retract before you turn off the ignition. :cool:

I had my update done about a week ago, and my spoiler still works properly.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Toecutter,
Mine is doing the same thing. It is intermittent. Sometimes it works as designed and sometimes it just stays up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine has issues when it's wet (after washing etc)..... I'll be dropping it into the dealer sometime soon.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Rarely does my spoiler stay UP when parking. I WAS going to disconnect mine since I have an additional PPI wing that is adjusted for Maximum down force.But since adding a front spoiler the car feels very good in the very tightest of situations.(with BOTH rear wings working together). I would love to experiment with the top speeds but nowhere to do that yet (for my area).:)

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
How about the salt flats?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Bonneville?? A bit too far for me right now !!:D

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I WAS going to disconnect mine since I have an additional PPI wing that is adjusted for Maximum down force
Hey man,.. Do NOT disable the rear wing! The extended wing also opens an important cooling vent for the whole engine bay area. Probably the ECU is programmed to keep the wing extended as a way to help the engine cool. Check with Audi before you try any adjustments with this system.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Bodhii,The thing is well vented!!!!!!!!! But I won't be disabling any time soon.:)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Gettin' closer !!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
It is not just a question if you car is well vented or not. The rear wing is setup thru the R8's ECU. Disabling it without changing the ECU will result in a CEL error. Also the operation of the wing is probably connected to the cars temp sensors. This could lead to other parts of the cooling system to malfunction. Remember, it's just as important to get the hot air out, as it is to let cool air into the engine bay area. These modern cars are so connected thru their all-mighty ECU's. I'm not saying its a complete good thing. But it is the way these hi-tech cars are made.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Actually I was thinking of MECHANICALLY disconnecting so no ECU disturbance.I thought the Flip up tail was solely for extra downforce.IF the car was going for TOP speeds straight-line would'nt it go faster with less drag? I am away from my '8 right now but when I get back I will investigate this . Being a member of the 200 MPH club would be awesome.The R8 is the closest thing to that for me so far. I am a dreamer!!!!!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts