Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had my R8 since new (it's a 07 57) and have covered just under 13000 miles. I've already replaced all the tires, rear at around 7000miles and fronts at about 11000 and the rears are due to be replaced very soon. I just wanted to know if this amount of wear is normal for the mileage? It's never been used on the track and never been driven stupidly. It just seems to like to go through rear tires quicker than any other car I've had.

Thanks for your help.
Gav

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Looks like I might get 10,000 MILES or more out of my first set of rears. The fronts are definitly going to last longer. Thinking about the R888's for my next set. I have 8,700 miles now.Tires still seem to be very good grippers.:D

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
That's in line with the wear I got from my rears and not dissimilar to the wear I got out of the m6 rears.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I imagine the type of roads make a big difference - I drive mostly on fast and twisty roads with rough tarmac so it's a bit like driving on sand paper with lots of speed variations.

·
Administrator
6,225 Posts
I alway heard the better the grip the faster they wear

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I've had a couple of experiences where I've been able to compare PZero Pirellis with other tires on the same car with the same driver and "spirited" driving style (mine) and I have found the Pirellis to be distinctly inferior (by maybe 30 to 40% less mileage) to both Toyo Z1R's and Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's (which were similar in durability of tread).

Unfortunately, size wise those 2 choices may not be available for the R8, although I can vouch for their grip and feeling of control (Toyo's equal to the PZero's, PS2's slightly better esp in the rain, though turn in maybe not quite as crisp).
Does anyone know if they've expanded their lines to R8 sizes yet?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I am tending to lean towards the TOYO R888's. Just waiting to see how fast they wear out on someone-elses R 8 first. If they wear incredibly fast I will just go with the stock tires again.I love the stock tire that came on the R 8 .It is the best tire ever.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts