Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there... I was wondering if any of you out there knew if there was a way to turn on or keep the rear view camera on while driving (not just the couple of seconds its on while parking backwards)? Also, I have an Iphone conected via bluetooth but it only seems to be pulling my contact list to the info panel in the dashboard but not to the TFT display in the telephone menu in the center console?! I would appreciate it if someone has some insight on these issues!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Hello there... I was wondering if any of you out there knew if there was a way to turn on or keep the rear view camera on while driving (not just the couple of seconds its on while parking backwards)? Also, I have an Iphone conected via bluetooth but it only seems to be pulling my contact list to the info panel in the dashboard but not to the TFT display in the telephone menu in the center console?! I would appreciate it if someone has some insight on these issues!
I am using an iPhone via bluetooth. I see the contacts in the dash display and also on the center display ...it does take a few minutes to load the complete list . Can't help with the camera question (I only look at it when I am backing up ...for that it is very useful).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for you prompt response. However, I have waited a long period and it seems as though the contacts only get pulled to the dash but not the center console screen. I have to note that i have the Audi Concert radio which looks exactly the same as the navigation system but without the software capability for Nav (there is no GPS in Peru yet). Maybe someone that ordered this same system has had the same problem? Maybe it needs a software upgrade? Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually we have 10 here, and 5 more on the way for 2009;) More amazingly its cheaper here than in Europe or even the States...

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Thanks for you prompt response. However, I have waited a long period and it seems as though the contacts only get pulled to the dash but not the center console screen. I have to note that i have the Audi Concert radio which looks exactly the same as the navigation system but without the software capability for Nav (there is no GPS in Peru yet). Maybe someone that ordered this same system has had the same problem? Maybe it needs a software upgrade? Thanks.
I do have the Nav. You do have to go down through several levels of the menu to get the contacts (it was not immediately obvious). I do not remember the exact sequence but I will check it later and send it to you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I learned from my father who spends a great deal of time in Panama, that you can buy an R8 off the showroom floor there. They have delivered a number of cars. My father test drove an R8 when he bought his Q7 4.2 TDI there. Prices are not lower there than in the US due to taxes.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear, Bodhii.... let me enlighten you a bit... We do have good highways in Peru and cities and starbucks all that, not everybody rides in a Llama here... and the good thing is that you can push your car to 300km/h with no annoying cops to be following you around;)

Here is a random pic of a highway that takes you to a beach not to far away.. no back to the subject:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I dont know if this will help but i was having problems with my iphone too, but when I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.1.4) the iphone works perfect now :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts