Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here (been lurking) but am looking to purchase a particular '18 R8 V10 Plus that I'm working with the private seller.
What would be a reasonable offer on this R8 that has 18k miles, clean title and pretty much fully loaded? Thanks in advance.

2018 R8 V10 plus Coupe quattro S tronic
  • Suzuka Gray
  • MSRP of $207k
  • 18k miles
  • Sport seat package with diamond stitching
  • Bang & Olufsen
  • Black optic package
  • Contrast stitching
  • 100k extended warranty (not sure able remaining duration)
  • Audi Care (not sure about remaining duration)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I paid ~160 for my Vegas Yellow 2018 v10 plus (same MSRP actually) in early May, but with ~3500 miles. I feel like prices have increased since then.

So maybe mid to high 150s with the extra miles?

·
Registered
2020 R8 V10 Performance Coupe Ascari Blue
176 Posts
@CYCLPTH Prices are all over. With recent increase in used car prices, you are probably looking at US 160K to US $170K. I see some 2017 R8 V10 plus going in the range as well.

Look in autotrader and I see a 2018 Plus for $165K

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@cdd @bpans2 Thanks guys. I'm eager to pick up my first R8 but am so weary that I am getting it at the top of the market. I keep asking myself should I wait until next year. Only thing is that this one is exactly what I was looking for color and spec-wise so kind of have the case of FOMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@cdd @bpans2 Thanks guys. I'm eager to pick up my first R8 but am so weary that I am getting it at the top of the market. I keep asking myself should I wait until next year. Only thing is that this one is exactly what I was looking for color and spec-wise so kind of have the case of FOMO.
If you can wait just wait. If you have the means go ahead and pull the trigger, if not just wait for prices to go back to normal.

My .002

·
Registered
444 Posts
There is a tax to be paid for getting exactly what you want when you want it. That tax, in my opinion, is worth it.
If discussing a piece of lumber, play the commodity price fluctuation game. When discussing limited production supercars, pay what your passion allows.

·
Registered
646 Posts
it might feel like the top of the market because of the chip shortage but unlike the rest of the market i do not think R8's will come back down. '22 is the last model year of the car in its current NA form, ever! so if you've found one you like and can afford it, i would buy it. dont epect 'i'll find it again next year and it'll be cheaper'. you might be disappointed neither of those come true

·
Registered
2017 R8 Crystal Blue Ara
168 Posts
A fair price for that car currently is probably $165-170K in todays market. Don't foresee things coming down for a while to be honest.

You either want the car or you dont.

Reactions: viappc

·
Registered
650 Posts
it might feel like the top of the market because of the chip shortage but unlike the rest of the market i do not think R8's will come back down. '22 is the last model year of the car in its current NA form, ever! so if you've found one you like and can afford it, i would buy it. dont epect 'i'll find it again next year and it'll be cheaper'. you might be disappointed neither of those come true
+1

Don't assume R8 prices will come back down. There is no more supply of R8's ever again. There can keep building Camry's so those will normalize, but don't assume R8's will come down.

If its a long term car I'd grab it now. If you are going to buy and flip in a year, then yes you could lose some $$$ short term.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts