Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 09 R8 about two months ago when I called around and one of the local dealers had one in the showroom that was almost exactly what I wanted (I ended up swapping the blades) and was willing to deal below MSRP. I've wanted the car for well over a year but was unwilling to pay over list and too impatient to wait for an order.

Since then, I've noticed at least 3 other new R8's here in Chicago land driving around. A black/black w/ FL plates, a Silver/CF, and a silver/silver.

My guess would be that with no near term end in sight to the economic situation, dealers are finally willing to part with inventory at "reasonable" prices. My dealer told me he was happy to have the car out of his showroom; said he'd rather have an A4 in its place that was more likely to move. Basic supply and demand, I realize. It would be interesting to know if this is happening US wide and/or globally as well. I would expect certain regional pockets, such as NYC, to not be experiencing this phenomenon as excess inventory is outweighed by further impact on the job/affordability situation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
same reason why walmart is recording record sales. When the economy gets tuff, people buy cheaper things (not $100,000 cars)

·
Registered
482 Posts
the market is soft for just about any type of car. A dealer tried to rip my buddy off and 6 months later, the car is still sitting in the showroom today. Some dealers are desperate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts