Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, spent a good day at my dealer’s today specing my new R8 V10. I left with a happy look on my face and my wallet somewhat lighter. When I got home I sat down with a cup of tea and poured over the broacher just to make sure I had ticked all the right boxes. When I got to pages 38 and 39 which covers the cars dimensions I noticed something not right.
The V10 gets 11mm less head room than the V8, but what really worried me is that according to the diagrams the seat does not appear to move back as far as the V8's. Now I am just over 6ft 2 inches and any loss of leg room could be a problem. The broacher does not indicate the length of leg room but according to the pics it could be a few inches in my rough estimate.
Can anyone please confirm if I am right or wrong on this?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
that's certainly how it looks as per those diagrams.

I'm 6' 2" myself and the v8's headroom and seat travel have plenty in reserve for me, certainly more than the v10 looks to encroach upon.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
I asked the Audi reps about this in Detroit. They told me that the interior dimensions would be the same in both cars. I was more concerned about storage space than legroom, but either way they said that fitting the V10 did not require any changes to the interior dimensions or firewall.

That said, my diagrams on European spec cars also list an 11mm difference in maximum headroom. I would trust the diagrams over the reps anyday. I wonder why there would be a headroom change? The seats are the same, so perhaps they had to beef up the frame.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If you look at the diagrams you will see that because the gearbox is the same as the V8 and in the same location the extra two cylinders then have to intrude into the cabin area. I figured that if they kept the same size luggage area then that would account for the perceived lost of space as seems to indicated in the diagrams. Check out pages 38 and 39 in the PDF below, look at the relationship between the seat and the steering wheel of both cars and the fact the the V10 intrudes more into the interior because of the extra two cylinders

http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/R8.Par.0036.File.pdf

·
Registered
175 Posts
Funny this has been mentioned, i walked into stockport lambo on Saturday and had the chance to take the demo LP560 out for a spin.

If I'm honest i wasn't that impressed, mainly because the seat was right down to the floor and right back as far as it would go and it was a tight fit.

I'm not the biggest bloke 6,1 but i felt very cramped unlike the R8.
It must be that the v10 is much bigger lenghtwise ?

The other thing while I'm talking about it was the brake and accelerator
peddles, i was under the impression the LP would be just like the R8 but wrong again the the peddles are off to the left not square to the wheel ?

Not only that but the two peddles were very close if not too close together.
i started off using my left foot to brake ???? never done that before but only because i had no where else to put my left foot.
I am used to jumping between cars my r8 is manual and the big car is auto?

My positive thoughts are, it looks absolute amazing inside and out and the sound in tunnels is eye watering i still want one.

I have requested to go on the lamo academy so i can get used to the car more before i place any orders, shame because he has a lime green one arriving in this week.....oh so tempting

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Thank you STREETROD !! Now I am really informed well about this V 8 -V 10 scenario !!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts