Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to join everyone here as a new owner of a 2nd Gen R8- ‘18 Suzuka Grey V10 Plus, 1900 miles. Has been a tank in the Chicago snow with Michelin PA4’s. I’ve been absorbing as much information as possible from this forum...thanks to all. Have 2 questions-

1) Is there a way to remove the rear spoiler? Was on the fence initially and have tried to like it, but prefer the clean trunk look of the non-plus model.

2) I’ve read multiple threads discussing aftermarket exhausts- hoping to get some opinions for a setup which enhances the existing exhaust note (ie modestly louder / more aggressive) without being over-the-top or altering its character- kind of like the sharkwerks bypass for the GT3.

Thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Not sure how fast you like to go but my RWS has the pop up spoiler after 130kph (80-85??mph) and it does still let the arse end get a little light around 150mph. Now I test drove a 2017 Plus from Audi Sport for 1 hour back in Sept 2017. I picked some nice wide open country roads (all the drug dealers ripped around the city with their 1 hour, not one purchased) and the one thing I really liked about this car was the planted feel at 258kph as compared to my RWS. I would love to get my nippers on the Audi Sport spoiler but boy are they $$$$. The Plus one would work because I am one of the few who have driven both spoiler type cars at speed and the Plus wins the arse planted battle. At least keep it around so that if you sell the car you can reinstall it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did a whole lot of research on a exhaust for my RWS and ended up with GMG. My other choice would've been the Kline but i didn't care much for the valves. Shoot me a PM, i got a good deal on my exhaust and I can refer you if you go that route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts