Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon fellas,
Just recently purchased an OEM black replacement R8 badge for my 2020 R8 front grill. Audi is telling me they would need to take the whole grille out, place the badge and do an electronic alignment all for one simple R8 badge. Is this correct? Was quoted 975.00 for labor for this... Seems nuts to me. I was under the impression Id remove the stock badge and use adhesive for the new..
Anyone done this ox gone through experience?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2008 R8 R-Tronic
319 Posts
Looks like they need access to the back of the grill to pop out the badge. That will probably require removing the front bumper to gain access which may take an hour to two hours. I would just figure out how to do it myself or find an indy shop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like they need access to the back of the grill to pop out the badge. That will probably require removing the front bumper to gain access which may take an hour to two hours. I would just figure out how to do it myself or find an indy shop.
I was planning on just popping it the badge held together by adhesive and sticking the new one on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the facelift it's just held in by a pair of clips. Look at the new badge and you'll see where they attach. It took me 2 mins with some gentle padded screwdriver use to get the old badge out. No need to remove the grille, and I didn't break any pins by doing it this way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the facelift it's just held in by a pair of clips. Look at the new badge and you'll see where they attach. It took me 2 mins with some gentle padded screwdriver use to get the old badge out. No need to remove the grille, and I didn't break any pins by doing it this way.
Oh really?? Do you mind if I shoot you a message?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts