Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a couple instances when people come up to me and ask me what the R8 cost. What's the general feeling about answering such a question, which seems to me to be a bit forward.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why is it forward? It can be easily looked up.

Just shrug a little and say "about 120". It seems like the least jerky thing to say. I always feel like they are just generally curious.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I ALWAYS say 1000.00 per month and leave it at that.(perfect answer for the girls). Even though I paid cash. Actual price 145k plus the normal extra stuff. I have told many : about 120 K though so as not to ruffle feathers any more.:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I mostly say I'm just the driver and taking it to the car wash. I guess it depends on who it is though. I never ask people what they paid, so it seems a little rude when people ask.

Good question gazza1, I always wondered what other owners say.

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
I say it was a cheaper than the divorce a mid life crisis affair would have cost

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It definitely was more than my first house.

Thanks for sharing -- it seems the price question is common.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
On the US pricing question....has anyone seen the actual 2010 pricing for the V10?

My dealer still doesn't have it. I just hope my final price for the car I configured comes in under 200K :) !!

Steve

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
That is the question I was afraid to ask . The 2010 pricing of the V 10 FULLY specced out.( ground effects,exhaust,custom color) If I have to ask how much...maybe I can't afford it (RIGHT now). I envy the sound the V10 Gallardo/with exhaust kit, makes.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I usually joke it off...

"If I tell you that, I'd have to kill you"... other wise, I just say "they start at around..."

·
Registered
761 Posts
Just answer what you paid for. How hard can it be?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Uh oh.:):):):)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
What if you have memory problems and have forgotten what price you paid, you tell them you've forgot and you get hit with a bat for being rude! :eek:

·
Registered
494 Posts
What if you have memory problems and have forgotten what price you paid, you tell them you've forgot and you get hit with a bat for being rude! :eek:
Telling people you forget can get you in a whole heap of trouble. I was in Mexico a while back and minding my own business, when this REALLY unattractive hooker came up to me and asked my name. I told her I forgot, and she went ballistic - cursing and yelling at me. I slinked outta there real quick before she called her friends and "manager"

·
Registered
761 Posts
Telling people you forget can get you in a whole heap of trouble. I was in Mexico a while back and minding my own business, when this REALLY unattractive hooker came up to me and asked my name. I told her I forgot, and she went ballistic - cursing and yelling at me. I slinked outta there real quick before she called her friends and "manager"
LOL. Funny. :D

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
tell 'em: "about the cost of 2 Corvettes." Most non-car people can relate to that...and will probably think you paid too much! If they don't have any idea what a Corvette is or what it costs, they don't really deserve a serious answer anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts