Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here runs the Rev9 V10 exhaust on their gen 1?

It's got a great price. But I've got 2 questions:
1. How is the drone? I've read some comments that under low speed there is no drone. But what about highway driving.
2. How is the build quality? I see that there is a stainless steel and titanium version.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don’t notice much if any drone. I have the titanium version on a Gen 1 V10+, and the build quality and sound is better than my fabspeed exhausts. Some say it is too loud, but I dont believe it is overly loud. I can easily carry a conversation with the windows closed. I believe I purchased mine on Amazon for a bit less. Good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone from the UK got one of these? I've seen them on eBay for under £1200 but then the postage is £400 and I'm not sure about import taxes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone from the UK got one of these? I've seen them on eBay for under £1200 but then the postage is £400 and I'm not sure about import taxes.
With customs/taxes it’s going to add another £3-400 on top of the price paid.

still a lot cheaper than other titanium exhausts available over here - closes would be the quicksilver ones

·
Registered
67 Posts
still a lot cheaper than other titanium exhausts available over here - closes would be the quicksilver ones
Yeah, that's quickly the conclusion I'm coming to! I was thinking I wanted the valved TopGear exhaust, but the resonance of the titanium is hard to turn down and it's crazy value even at a couple of grand. It won't be a daily but I'm a bit worried about the volume although from what I've read it would be fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, that's quickly the conclusion I'm coming to! I was thinking I wanted the valved TopGear exhaust, but the resonance of the titanium is hard to turn down and it's crazy value even at a couple of grand. It won't be a daily but I'm a bit worried about the volume although from what I've read it would be fine.
They do a valved version too but that adds another £4-500 on rop

which iswhy I’m swaying to the top gear one myself

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I was looking at the Rev9 for my V10 and while the sound was really nice, the car I heard had just a bit too much drone for me, plus I wanted a valved setup. It was not bad, you could hold a conversation no doubt, but it was noticeable. Some might even prefer the sound, that's why it's important to try and hear one in person if you can.

I opted for the Top Gear valved and am very satisfied. It could be a tad louder but I knew that going in! My neighbors do appreciate me closing the valves on my 6:00 am cold starts :oops:

Good luck with whatever you choose!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don’t notice much if any drone. I have the titanium version on a Gen 1 V10+, and the build quality and sound is better than my fabspeed exhausts. Some say it is too loud, but I dont believe it is overly loud. I can easily carry a conversation with the windows closed. I believe I purchased mine on Amazon for a bit less. Good luck
I was looking at the Rev9 for my V10 and while the sound was really nice, the car I heard had just a bit too much drone for me, plus I wanted a valved setup. It was not bad, you could hold a conversation no doubt, but it was noticeable. Some might even prefer the sound, that's why it's important to try and hear one in person if you can.

I opted for the Top Gear valved and am very satisfied. It could be a tad louder but I knew that going in! My neighbors do appreciate me closing the valves on my 6:00 am cold starts :oops:

Good luck with whatever you choose!
These reviews gives me the confidence to try out the Rev9 exhaust.

Any other inputs would be appreicated as well!

·
Registered
2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder Manual Daytona Grey
121 Posts
These reviews gives me the confidence to try out the Rev9 exhaust.

Any other inputs would be appreicated as well!
[/QUOTE
Who here runs the Rev9 V10 exhaust on their gen 1?

It's got a great price. But I've got 2 questions:
1. How is the drone? I've read some comments that under low speed there is no drone. But what about highway driving.
2. How is the build quality? I see that there is a stainless steel and titanium version.
I've been running the rev9 titanium exhaust on my V10 2011 for about one year there's a little bit of a drone at 50 60 miles per hour but it's not bad otherwise it sounds amazing and honestly I wake up early in the morning to go golfing and stuff and I don't think the neighbours really mind cuz it sounds so **** good. For the price to get a titanium exhaust that's so light and sound so good honestly it's awesome and the complexity of the valved exhaust you don't have to worry about with this.

I drive about 30 minutes to the golf course with this probably going 50 miles per hour and it sounds fantastic there's a back road by my house that I let it rip for a couple of minutes and honestly there's zero regrets.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They do a valved version too but that adds another £4-500 on rop
I would be okay paying a little bit more to have a valve for motorways and creeping back into my garage at 3am...do you have a link? I've tried to find an example of one but no luck so far.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update: I bought the exhaust and it sounds intoxicating. I can't believe I waited this long to get this, it really makes the car sound like how it sounds. The stock system just does not do it justice. It doesn't drone for me either, can have a conversation and still be able to take a lady out on a nice date perfectly fine lol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Update: I bought the exhaust and it sounds intoxicating. I can't believe I waited this long to get this, it really makes the car sound like how it sounds. The stock system just does not do it justice. It doesn't drone for me either, can have a conversation and still be able to take a lady out on a nice date perfectly fine lol.
Glad you like it, I have the Rev9 stainless on my car and I agree, the sound is intoxicating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fitted a Rev9 Ti to my 2011 V10 a few months ago - the sound is completely intoxicating. It is LOUD yes, but this is a supercar that is already visually loud, so it deserves to be made a bit less polite. The cold startups are BRUTAL to your neighbors though, just keep that in mind.

I threw up a quick video to show what hard launch is like with these pipes fitted - apologies for the low quality, this was sent to me via Whatsapp. I guess we care more about the sound though, and that's perfectly good:

·
Registered
2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder Manual Daytona Grey
121 Posts
It's honestly not stupid loud, at least not in the cabin. I do cold startups in the morning and while it sits in the garage you hear a deep hum in the house, but it doesn't wake up my family. As I leave it keep it at 2k RPM down the street and it is okay. Once I get a few Km's away from the neighborhood we rip up to redline with the top down and it's awesome. There is a low drone at 50-60+ but it's not bad, with the top down you can cruze around and it's not off-putting and in downtown it plays to your 20 year old self because you can rev her up down the street and it echos of the buildings and everyone is looking around to see what obnoxious car is coming, if you like that sort of thing. There are more burbles but not loud pops at least on my gen 1 v10 manual. Mechanic said the weld job on the titanium rev9 wasn't great but I don't know, I heard other people comment that it's good. The cost with a 1/3 of other titanium exhausts so...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts