1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for posting but I'm completely staggered that you would dyno run the R8 without any visible signs of cooling fans :eek:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Does the car in the video have the Milltek exhausts on? or is it just stock?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Would love to hear from any member that has installed this ecu and their thoughts...and or any other ecu.:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got this done about 2 weeks ago. I immediately was able to tell the difference!! I was very hesitant to go forward with this. My dealer has a motorsports division and they completed it in like 30 minutes and the cost was like 900 bucks.

So far so good...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mplaso did you have this done at Reeves? I am also in Tampa and have an 09 that I would be interested in chipping. Who did you deal with?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes I got it done at Reeves... Jeff Holbcomb who was the Audi Service Manager and not over at Porsche and the Motorsports division. He is the one that helped me out. He is great! Highly recommend taking to him.

What color and where in Tampa? PM me...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I got it done at Reeves... Jeff Holbcomb who was the Audi Service Manager and not over at Porsche and the Motorsports division. He is the one that helped me out. He is great! Highly recommend taking to him.

What color and where in Tampa? PM me...
You didn't have this at the time of the Gatorun did you?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Whoever tried the Chiptunning and saw a great torque difference, did you also have your exhaust replaced or just chiptunning? usually these people say that the chiptunning is making the difference along with the exhaust, while in reality the only difference is either from the exhaust itself or our impression due to the noise difference that we hear..

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'd be interested to see what the real gains are.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Won't mucking with your ECM programming void your Audi warrantee?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have this but we got ridculous figures on the dyno run.I spoke at length to revo technik and they said the gains are about 25bhp and similar amount of torque,it makes a very noticable difference in driving and I would reccomend the chip and exhaust route to anyone.(mine is the milltek resonated exhaust fyi)

·
Registered
978 Posts
We helped APR do the final tuning and dyno work for their system. REAL results are out there and we are happy to discuss them...

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I am amazed at how little info there is here. I mean like little factual support
By here, do you mean on the forum?????

·
Registered
935 Posts
My issue is this:

1. Most people have had the ECU with Exhaust upgrade. So we can't isolate which component is producing the gain! This is a problem.

2. There is very little talk or info regarding real world gains on this forum. If owners did purchase and experience great results, you would think they would be shouting it from the tree tops! Very strange.

Anyway, hopefully REVO can do a trial first. If not, I won't waste my time...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts