Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you to all of you who posted replies to my earlier question regarding Audi's request/demand that R8 purchasers sign a first right of refusal in favor of their dealer at the time of purchase.

Although NO ONE has acknowledged that they have signed such a document,it appears as though it would give the dealer the right to re-purchase the car at the MSRP price IF the owner decides to sell the car during the first year of ownership.

In principle I do not have a problem with this although I believe the repurchase price shoud reflect any additions in value, e.g. carbon fiber blades add, paint film protection etc.

I do, however, have an issue with what I have been told by some dealers; namely that they will resell the repurchased vehicle at the then FMV, which is many cases is $30-50K over MSRP. How does this benefit the Audi brand? Why should the dealer make this profit and not the owner who paid full MSRP, thereby giving the dealer its built in profit margin.

Moreover, I have been told by my dealer that they are not taking any deposits on the V10 or TDI R8s since they have decided to sell these cars at "whatever the market will bare."

This means that IF I want a V10 I have to sell my car to the dealer at MSRP (giving up the appreciation to the dealer) and then buy one from them at "what the market will bare?"

THOUGHTS?

Hardly what I would call fair.

·
Registered
347 Posts
go to another dealer. they are not looking after their customers,i.e. YOU bringing in the big money for the car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
man that really is horrible...
the best bet is going to another dealer...i would also write a letter to Audi...don't know if you're from the states or not but you should also update your location.
stories like these really upset me, and to think i thought Ferrari was the only dealer that does this sort of thing...
Some of my friend's are buying cars that they don't want from the dealership just so that they can get their hands on a MSRP ferrari waiting list.

i tell yah, some dealers are just theives
wish it was simplier,

·
Registered
97 Posts
My dealer asked me to sign an agreement from Audi that said if I sell my R8
in less than 12 month, I have to offer it to the dealer at MSRP. Which is what
I paid for my R8. I had no problem as my dealer treated me fairly (MSRP).
Advice would be to keep your vehicle for 12 months and then you can do as
you please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts