Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, hello. I am new to R8 talk. I have a 2008 mugello blue R8 V8 (lol, all the 8's) with oxygen silver sideblades.

I've only noticed recently that MMI starts up fine for me, but after a few mins the audio and screen flickers for about 20 secs or so. In that time, no power is lost to the device, since it doesn't reboot. After that the device is completely fine. It only happens briefly after start up.

I dont think its a loose connection cos it only happens that once after start up. I thought it might be the battery. The battery meter is half way at 12V. That should be fine right, or does it need to be charged closer to the upper end i.e. near 16V.

Any ideas guys ?

Also, after much searching on the net, I finally found out about the Alpine ipod interface (thanks to R8 talk). I was thinking about getting this fitted. The question I have is, even though I don't have the reverse parking sensor fitted, I might want one retrofitted one day (a 3rd party kit is available). I see that the alpine device plugs into the video port of the RNS-E.

Can both be plugged in at the same time? If so, will the alpine device interfere with the rear parking video display ? i.e. will the menu screen mix with the parking video signal causing a big mess on the screen..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
12V is what it should be at, says somewhere in the manual about it.

The voltmeter indicates the voltage of the vehicle's electrical
system. The voltage of the electrical system should normally be
between 12 and 14 volts. If the display drops below 12 volts when
the engine is running, have the power supply (battery and alternator)
checked by a qualified workshop.
Note
The voltage may drop below 8 volts while the engine is being
started.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts