Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owning an R8 is like owning your own roller coaster!!:)

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I hope not too much, Harrison....I sure don't want any riders throwing up in my R8!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A supply of barf bags available.:)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Well as a roller coaster nut, and an R8 owner, I don't think the R8 can keep up with the best coasters for a thrill:) Even been on Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio? Or Millenium Force at the same park.? Holy crap.

Top Thrill - here is what they put you through. You sit in a little open air car. It is a mock-up of a drag strip, complete with countdown lights. The lights count down and you are LAUNCHED - to 120 mph in about 2 seconds. Then you go straight up a tower - with a twist that is about 450 ft high. Then you come over the crest and plummet 90 degrees down with another twist. You are doing 120 again when you hit the bottom. Then you head into the station, and are braked aggressively. The WHOLE RIDE lasts about 15 seconds. What an adrenalin rush.

Millenium Force takes you up a hill that is over 300 feet high and then drops you at over 80 degrees down. It too is amazing and lasts longer. Sit in the front, and you pick bugs off your face when done.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should re-phrase...Old rickety wooden baby coaster !!!:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
living in Los Angeles, I'm 30 minutes from Magic Mountain. I was last there in 1982. All this talk is making me wonder what I'm missing out on for the past 27 years.

·
Registered
761 Posts
HAHAHA! Only Harrison would have started a thread like this! :D:D:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
superman at magic mountain is pretty fun, 0-100mph in just a few seconds and then you free fall back. Only problem is the **** thing is always breaking down. X is also a crazzy ride

·
Registered
137 Posts
living in Los Angeles, I'm 30 minutes from Magic Mountain. I was last there in 1982. All this talk is making me wonder what I'm missing out on for the past 27 years.
MM is ten minutes from my home. I haven't been there in 20 years. I'll stick to the R8. No lines!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All it takes is one idiot to yell FIRE!! and people could be trampled to death.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts