Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my grill from R8-Stuff and I must say the customer service was great and the package came undamaged looked top notice. I finally had some time to do the install and I must say that with the provided guide, it was pretty simple. I did notice that my pumper was different than what was provided in the installation guide but that wasn't an issue. I was able to remove all of the screws without lifting the car or removing the wheels. Just turn your wheels either direction to access the 4 screws, simple enough. The most time consuming was shaving off about half an inch of the foam because it was pushing up against the grill. The best tool for shaving this? Believe it or not, a large bread knife was the best tool. After this, I had to wrap the upper corners of the bumper so the red doesn't show through. The grill fitment and alignment of the tabs were exact since it's an OEM frame. The hardest part was putting back the bumper and aligning the screws underneath the bumper, after that, some minor adjustments for alignment. Overall, I love the way it looks compared to the OEM. Pictures attached.

I'd also like to thank the members of this forum for countless posts regarding the process of installing this awesome grill.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts