Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes, the warranty adds a slot if value. I keep toying with the idea of selling my R8 and if I do I really want to do a private sale as the fidelity warranty is transferable with the car ONLY if it is a private sale. If you sell to a dealer or a dealer is involved in the sale, the old warranty is void. It's interesting though that even though I think my warranty is worth like 6 to 8k in value, I don't think any buyer would really seriously pay 6k more for my car over one on a dealer lot.

·
Premium Member
Coming Soon: Gen 2 R8 Twin Turbo
21 Posts
Yes, the warranty adds a slot if value. I keep toying with the idea of selling my R8 and if I do I really want to do a private sale as the fidelity warranty is transferable with the car ONLY if it is a private sale. If you sell to a dealer or a dealer is involved in the sale, the old warranty is void. It's interesting though that even though I think my warranty is worth like 6 to 8k in value, I don't think any buyer would really seriously pay 6k more for my car over one on a dealer lot.
I would definitely pay you an extra $3500 on top of the dealer for your warranty if that helps any, but I’m an enthusiast and understand what’s going on lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would definitely pay you an extra $3500 on top of the dealer for your warranty if that helps any, but I’m an enthusiast and understand what’s going on lol
Just remember if you are buying one from an Audi dealership and they are selling it ( not deli g it to an auction) they are obligated or should be to fix anything on the car that is an issue including the struts. So if yiu are purchasing from a dealer the car should be in good condition so you could price out warranties accordingly for the mileage and time you need or will be keeping it for.
Buying from an enthusiast with a warranty is also fine! However these are based on mileage...so if you have a year or over a year left in a warranty and you will be driving it and putting on miles when yiu go and source another warranty it will be at a higher rate. Now that being said if someone has years left
That’s a different story that may work out best. Good luck.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts