Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I hope so!

Why? In Australia, the weather does not get very cold and it's quite dry. There is no real advantage for the Quattro in this climate.

Besides, as I drive my car hard and spend a lot of time on the track, a RWD version would have less drivetrain loss and be quicker IMHO.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Wow, I hope so!

Why? In Australia, the weather does not get very cold and it's quite dry. There is no real advantage for the Quattro in this climate.

Besides, as I drive my car hard and spend a lot of time on the track, a RWD version would have less drivetrain loss and be quicker IMHO.
You may have issues with the ECU though. Remember, these cars have ECU's sampling data, and the computers may have issues with only RWD.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Why will you get flamed?

It's an interesting idea. Ferrari has been M-R for a long time with their V8 and it does well, why not an Audi.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will begin researching this topic and advise soon. If anyone can help please advise. If anyone has info on a Gallardo conversion this would help immensly!! Since the R8 is very similar to Gallardo.
15% shared parts... wonder if that includes the AWD system...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but has anyone tried this conversion? Is it possible just by removing the centre differential? :)

Since the Quattro system is a simple Viscous Coupling system it might work. Any ideas?
Yes no problem , all off from the engine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts