Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, since Lambo just released a RWD version of the Gallardo. The LP-550-2, do you think Audi will produce a RWD version of the R8 for the Street?

I hope they do!! A RWD Audi R8 would be awesome!!! The way it should have been from day one! Awesome track weapon.

:D

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Like a GT3 ?

·
Registered
150 Posts
The R8 GT3 is RWD

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
R8 GT 3...on my wish list. I need the street legal version , preferably. Mine, with the ESP/ASR shut down feels alot like R W D. Still no price available on the 2010 V10 R8 GT3 (R 16).I'm guessing @ 300k ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wouldn't want that. AWD is nice because not all the power is going at the rear.

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
My RS4 had 60% power to the rear and I can feel the difference with the 85%the R8 delivers to them. Turn off the ESP and you can play and get a RWD feel. But having some power to the front really makes this car a great high speed driver, I know it makes me push it more than I would with a strictly RWD car

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I come from rear engine,rear wheel drive...What an improvement in the driving experience.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I heard rumours that they are going to make R8 V8 rwd version. I hope they do it soon, I'll take that over a R8 V10!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own a Gallardo that has been converted to RWD, I'm sure the R8 would be just as easy to convert. What a difference it makes.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
What year Gallardo? :confused:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Hmmm...How much power gain not driving the fronts?? Just keep ASR/ESP shut off?? Any computer issues?? Remove three drive-lines?? Need to know MORE !! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: What a weight reduction too ! Front center diff.,Half shafts,Drive shaft to front diff.With that stuff out of the way we could add GT3 style front downforce kit. WE ARE getting close to the GT3 DREAM !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts