Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your R8 had the same color sideblade as rest of body, would continuation of side glass shape into upper region of blade look O.K.? :cool:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Someone painted their blade so it looked like the glass went into it...There was a pic posted of it but i cant find it :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
IMHO it looked rubbish (isn't the contrasting sideblade a standout feature on R8) but YMMV.

For example just look at the electric R8, basically the same core shape but utterly ruined by the lack of vents and SB....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Do you know which thread it was on? I commented on it i can't remember what i said but it didn't look too good. Contrasting colours is a standout feature for me also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
IMHO it looked rubbish (isn't the contrasting sideblade a standout feature on R8) but YMMV.

For example just look at the electric R8, basically the same core shape but utterly ruined by the lack of vents and SB....
i agree. the different colour sideblade makes the R8 stand out from the other cars on the road. with a quick glance, one could confuse the R8 with a TT by mistake. this is also why(among other things) i don't like the new roadster version.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Agreed, for the same reason..

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
The same color blade makes the back part of the car appear to big from a side view. I have seen an all red one and an all gray one and did not like the looks. To me the blade gives a nice contrast or break in the cars appearance. Each to their own and that is why they have all the options...

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
same color sideblade is nice.. however the contrasting sideblade is nicer :p It's definitely one of the signature features of the R8
There was a program on the Audi Channel on Sky and the designer was talking about the blade and how it was meant to delineate the difference between the cabin and engine parts - designer BS to me - it just looks 'right' in my eyes...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Contrasting side blades is what defines the R8. Unless you want a TT look alike, that's different.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I drive my car more than look at it. But after watching my spin clip, over, and over, I realise my C.F. blade blends in with the tinted side glass better than I realised.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts