Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options on an upgraded disc for my 2014. I still use the system on occasion and like having the map displaying when I'm driving through towns I don't know well. I know on my 2009 Aston Martin the Volvo disc works and is significantly less expensive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What are my options on an upgraded disc for my 2014. I still use the system on occasion and like having the map displaying when I'm driving through towns I don't know well. I know on my 2009 Aston Martin the Volvo disc works and is significantly less expensive.
I think the 2014 is still an rns-e unit but I could be wrong. The newest cd you can get is 2015/2016, you can get knock off ones on eBay for like $13 but it’s hit or miss the last ones I bought didn’t work. They are like $260 from Audi 2014 Audi R8 Dvd navigation rns-e - 8P0060884CF - Genuine Audi Accessory
There is an Audi part number for a 2020 map update for rns-e systems for the same price but I don’t have the link at the moment I’ll update this post if I can find it.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I've updated my 2010 system twice now and using cheap ebay cd's without any issues.

Reactions: Chalkymon

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've updated my 2010 system twice now and using cheap ebay cd's without any issues.
Yeah I’m definitely not advising him to go pay Audi for it. Just saying be prepared that you might have to get a refund and try a different seller with the ones on eBay. Not really sure it’s even worth it going to 2015/16 if he already has 2014
IMO the best option is to get the tune2air so you have Bluetooth audio and you can just have your phone’s navigation play through the speakers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts