Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've driven about 400 mi now in Black Pearl. There are no disappointments. Coming off 35 years of Porsches, this machine is everything its claimed to be.

However, I'm finding two areas that will be a challenge to keeping the car pristine going forward: The door sills seem to scuff easily. As do the seat bolsters.

I'm looking for suggestions on covering these areas, excepting those related to my physical attributes. Paint protection films were my first thought for the thresholds. However, I don't believe they will adhere to the plastic dimpled threshhold surfaces. As for the seat bolsters my solution might be slip covers. Does anyone know if there is a supplier that provides a simple slip cover for R8 style seats. I'm thinking something similar to the Porsche service covers that come on and off easily.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have Paintshield film on my car.

You are correct, it will not adhere to the black plastic side boards. However, there are easilt removable and ultimately replaceable at moderate cost.

Also, they are only visible when the door is open.

I have the film on the long painted sidepanels just below, since the side of ones shoe or a heel will scratch the paintwork and that will be visible all the time and will cost a whole lot more to re-spray !

·
Registered
71 Posts
Drive with only your bare feet or socks on....I prefer bare feet.. they have never got hot...so why not!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts