Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 4 gig sd cards that work fine except that it is impossible to find a song because there 100's on each card.
1) how do you handle folders? (i tried to set up folders but the system seems to only read the first one)
2) how can I create playlists?

I would appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Lloyd,
i use 2 x 1 GByte and i have subfolders.
To get out of the subfolder use the return button.
Playlist:
I works in a way , as a subfolder, but the running order is alphabetic, so the playlist isn't really a playlist.
Which pi**es me off as well.
but the main issue why it is not working is that the system supports only a max of 2 GByte per slot.
The best thing to do if you really like to have all the Ipod features is to get rid of your CD Changer and put one of this denson systems inside.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dension may not be the answer as the HU is not capable of displaying song names. SD card (MP3) is the only way to get the names as the file name display. This inability is well documented for the RNS-E is there is no way to go around it, unless you are willing to have an extra mount for the iPod and control it from there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've gotten the 4GB to work, but it didn't really work well. I did a test.

First I put a 4GB with a bunch of folders and sub-folders. For example, it would only see up to the L's, which i assumed was about 2GB of 4GB.

Then I placed all the songs, loose, 4GB's worth, without folders, and it saw them all (all 4GB of songs). But it was quite a mess not knowing which album was which.

But no matter what, it always shows the AC/DC albums first, so I didn't care.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can arrange songs into playlists using Windows Media Player and then save them as M3U Playlists - the system will recognise them if you place them on the SD card without subfolders. I only use folders to sort my music according to genre.

·
Registered
226 Posts
thanks for that hint on the media player R8_050.

Also, while we're at it, i assume most of us have the stock sound system?

don't you guys get annoyed when you turn it up and it severely compresses the sound by about 6-9 decibels ? Not sure if there are any audio guys here, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Have to turn the bass down to hear standard volumes.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm a sound guy.... I also have the B&O, for the very reason you described. Basically it's all down to amp headroom, and the standard system just doesn't have it. If you boost the low end you'll hit clip really quickly. So far on the B&O I've not managed to do that. And just as a reference point, I always run out of subs at the LA HOB...;)
Plus.... I rarely use the card player as the audio quality is way down compared with the cd changer. An ipod with WAV or aiff formats would be ideal, but the Audi head unit won't do track names & numbers which is annoying.

·
Registered
226 Posts
R8 BND, I thought I was the only one who put full wav on my ipod. (better to have 40 clear songs, than 400 mp3). audio snob. I'm sure there are a lot more here.

I'll PM if it's cool.

·
Registered
184 Posts
PM away.......
I have a mixture of formats on my iPod actually.... Mostly AAC, then AIFF, then WAV. There are a few MP3s, just because they came that way from various sources.

·
Registered
163 Posts
can't get mine to read the 4GB SD card. does it not read SDHC cards? it just says "loading..." how long should it take to load?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts