Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought the seats in my R8 were a bit boring, being just plain black leather. So a while ago I got them re trimmed in diamond stitched leather and alcantara but I was never that happy with the outcome, so recently got them done somewhere else and with a slightly different design. Here's the end result, which I'm much happier with :)

Here's some pictures - click to enlarge

·
Registered
97 Posts
I always thought the seats in my R8 were a bit boring, being just plain black leather. So a while ago I got them re trimmed in diamond stitched leather and alcantara but I was never that happy with the outcome, so recently got them done somewhere else and with a slightly different design. Here's the end result, which I'm much happier with :)

Here's some pictures - click to enlarge

looks great, enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Excellent result! May I inquire as to how much the work costs?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Looks awesome and a really nice job. Did you have a complete re-trim done
If you don't mind sharing who did the work and what was the cost.?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I've had some quotes from a place near me for some seat retrims, looking at £700 each plus VAT with slight adjustments depending on materials (leather vs alcantara)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Will be interesting to see what Chris paid. I suppose if it's a top job then it's worth it, Also if they use top quality leather and/or alcantara like the oem. Might just keep an eye open for some R8 bucket seats.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Will be interesting to see what Chris paid. I suppose if it's a top job then it's worth it, Also if they use top quality leather and/or alcantara like the oem. Might just keep an eye open for some R8 bucket seats.
I just emailed the shop that did my custom upholstery about adding diamond stitching to the seats and door panels (but not changing the material). We'll see how much that is.

·
Super Moderator
6,113 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Wow..those look amazing

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I'm going to go with "a lot"
Got a quote back. To retrim the seats and the door panels with diamond stitching would be $3746 :eek::eek::eek:

·
Super Moderator
6,113 Posts
Got a quote back. To retrim the seats and the door panels with diamond stitching would be $3746 :eek::eek::eek:
So when's it going in to be done? We all have different opinions and mine is I don't like the diamond, to me it belongs more in a luxury car than sports car. Kind of reminds me of an expensive pocketbook look

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
So when's it going in to be done? We all have different opinions and mine is I don't like the diamond, to me it belongs more in a luxury car than sports car. Kind of reminds me of an expensive pocketbook look
Eh it's expensive enough that I might just skip it. But I agree with OP that the plain black leather looks a little boring, even with the red contrast stitching.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Well I expected it to be high but not that high......:eek:.
Leather with the touch of Alcantara is a nice compliment. Like to see what ChrisD paid for his re-trim.

·
Registered
78 Posts
wow they look great - Exactly like mine. :eek:

Did you see them at "regal"

B Trim in the uk did mine- quality is top 1round 1200 pounds

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Looks good drewtee! For 1200 pounds, that's a bargain. I wish I had a legitimate 2nd choice around here to compete on prices.

·
Registered
2011 Audi R8 V10 Coupe
686 Posts
Where are all these upholstery places located? Does anybody have a recommendation in Northern California? I’ve been trying to find one for a while, but no luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts