Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
For R8 directional fronts and asym rears(Corsas).

Regarding Michelin Pilot Cup+ tires they are awsome but, currently you can not get 295/30-19 rears AFAIK. You will need 305/30-19(they fit fine on R8 rear wheels and this dimension is also approved by Audi) but, main problem is that Cup+ are made only in N0(Porsche) specs in R8 dimensions...

On the other hands Corsas are approved by VAG for Gallardo LP560-4 and R8.

·
Registered
313 Posts
About the Pirelli Corsa, the only thing I don't really like is the fact that the grip is perfect but no , really no indication that the tyre will soon loose the grip, no sliding no nothing.........and then BANG no more grip some for the Michelin Sport Cup+.
They both have the best result's in the test, highest corner speed etc but when they loose grip it is like a F1 car, be ready for the spin.

Dunlop, Brigdestone, Toyo ( number 2 in the semi slick test from last year ) and Hankook, the loose the grip very very soft and you will feel when it will happen.

I had the Corsa's on my R8 but I am using my second set of Toyos and I am more then happy.

·
Registered
313 Posts
this datas are only if you would drive on the road and might put some luggage in the car.
I drive then and have no issues .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts