Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.I'm looking for a 2017/18 R8. A lot of the cars i find are the 'plus' model. Obviously a more powerfull model. I'm considering one but curious as to the service costs differential and general maintenance compaired to the regular model. Any info would be helpful.Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
I'm not a Gen-2 owner, but if it's anything like the facelift Gen-1 (where there was V10 and V10+), there should be little to no difference in maintenance as the mechanical differences are very minor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ezmaass.Thanks for the info.Much appreciated i now have a wider selection to look through.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
CC brakes and non magride struts, if anything I think the plus would be cheaper to maintain. There shouldn’t be anything else that’s different

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree but I'm not sure about cc brakes and non mag ride.Just wondering if the suspension will be too hard. A bit of time needed to try out both models.Thanks much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Winterrunner's comments are in reference to the North American spec where the Plus was only available with fixed suspension. Biggest difference would be if you had to replace any of the CCB discs which are standard on the Plus. One of those items that's possibly low probability of failure/ long life but if it goes wrong expensive to replace. Steels will have shorter life but cheaper. In any case you should be looking at many years and a good few tens thousands miles so it would not influence my choice of car at this stage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen a few plus models with mag ride in uk. Ceramic brakes on all.I have read that they need to be warmed up to work really efficiency (ideal for track) so wonder how they perform on just weekend runs.

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
I have seen a few plus models with mag ride in uk. Ceramic brakes on all.I have read that they need to be warmed up to work really efficiency (ideal for track) so wonder how they perform on just weekend runs.
They don´t need warming, they´re perfect for day to day use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that,that has broadened my choises a great deal. Just a few adjustments to my garage ,then who knows. ( not missing my carrera so much now lol)

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Agree but I'm not sure about cc brakes and non mag ride.Just wondering if the suspension will be too hard. A bit of time needed to try out both models.Thanks much appreciated.
I have plus dampers on my gen 1 v10 and they are a firm ride but not too harsh or crashy. When compared to the magrides they are stiffer than 'comfort ' mode but not as hard as 'sport' mode.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need to take a couple out for a test then I should have a fair idea of which to buy. Corvid lockdown easing next week so should be fun.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Yes definitely the best option .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts