Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flew into South Carolina this weekend, from Texas, and picked up our new baby! Nothing like a 950 mile trip to quickly bond with the car! She is everything she was made out to be and more! For me, it was the first time driving the gated shift...takes some getting use to...but not a problem. I do find myself "looking" :eek:
Only problem we incurred was about 60 miles into the trip...the low oil light went on...DH not happy...but we were able to stop quickly and fill the oil reserve...no problems after that.
Pics to come....she is sitting in the garage filthy...of course it had to pour rain on us...and it is still raining now. You can bet, as soon as it stops, she will be cleaned and detailed!:D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Only problem we incurred was about 60 miles into the trip...the low oil light went on...DH not happy...but we were able to stop quickly and fill the oil reserve...no problems after thatD
I had exactly the same issue. It was explained to me that a thermostatic valve that is to remain open, gets stuck shut during shipping. With it closed, the tech runs the diagnostic and it shows the oil as being full. When it opens, oil gets released into the system and depletes that first quart quickly. Im no mechanic and Im sure my terms are not perfect but he mentioned it happened to alot of R8's during shipping.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Congratulations on the new car! How did it handle in the rain? How was it on such a long drive?
I had an A6 that I drove ~600 miles and could barely walk at the end. My A8L I drove 1400 miles and was not even a little fatigued.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We had absolutely no problems in the rain...no fish tailing, held the pavement perfectly...
Not a bad drive at all...we stop every few hours to change drivers, and stretch the old legs...that's not to say, we weren't glad to get home!
Sun came out late this morn and it warmed up to the 70's....so she's all clean now!:D
Russman, thanks for the explanation...I will pass it on to DH.
For anyone who might be interested...they have a fully loaded, identical, black/black sitting on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey ShelbyGirl1 what part of Texas you from cause I know in Austin we got a good chunk of hail and that can't be the best way to break in your new car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey ShelbyGirl1 what part of Texas you from cause I know in Austin we got a good chunk of hail and that can't be the best way to break in your new car.
Thankfully, we got home to Texas before the "real"rain hit here in Houston. It was in Alabama and Louisiana that we got caught in....Man....I think we would have been pulled under some overpass for hrs if the hail had started!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My brakes are squeaky. Car has 115km on it. We havent had very much good weather that would allow for driving it. But the brakes are really loud.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
You may have an R8 with the most Km.s Kubus !! Still on on the first clutch ? Any probs. apart from the squeeking ?:D

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Congrats. I wish I had the same opportunity for a roadtrip like yours. I bought mine locally. May be there's excuse to get it out in open road this spring.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you experience the squealing brakes that have been said to be common?
Drove her this morning....grocery run! So far, so good, NO squeaky breaks :cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
You may have an R8 with the most Km.s Kubus !! Still on on the first clutch ? Any probs. apart from the squeeking ?:D
Haha. Nice one.

115 kilometers. 115 thousand miles would be ridiculous.

The squeaking is super annoying. No other problems to report

1 - 14 of 14 Posts