Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi Guys, any ideas where I could find a Shift Light or Beeper? I keep hitting the **** rev limiter in 2nd and
3rd so I have to keep an eye on the tacho instead of the road!!

Any ideas?

Thanks.
The R8 is so fast that you can't feel it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
have to say, my RS4, obviously same engine, is the most difficult car I've had to upshift without looking. The rev limiter kicks in before any discernable change in engine sound, or any feeling that it's approaching max power. Still hit limiter from time to time, which is very annoying... A shift change light would be useful, and would give performance gain of making sure that you were changing at max power. I'd assume the R8 will be the same.

On a similar note, been reading on here about running-in period. Apart from the fact that I doubt any road car engine needs run-in, can't understand why RS4 didn't have same run-in time, given it's same engine.

then again, also can't understand why I was looking round the interior the other day at alll the carbon inlays, aluminium pedals, heated seats etc, which were all at an add-on cost of £0...

·
Registered
347 Posts
engines don't really need running in but all the other stuffs need to run in as a car.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Umm Dealer says max 6000rpm first 600m max 7000 for a further 600. I am sure the revs are to do with the engine:)

Now done 1288miles - time for the limiter

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I know the manual says one thing. The dealer says another and the guys and Neckarsulm hit 8000rpm in the first few minutes... So, who knows. Either way, enjoy I'm sure it'lll be fine! :)

I found this. Anyone tried it yet? Do you think it will work?

http://www.modifry.com/products/rlb/index.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts