Audi R8 Forums banner

Would you be interested in a group purchase of the CF PPI Shift Paddle Extension

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

If there was a way to get the CF shift lever extensions directly from PPI at a good price ($7-900 range) and purchased through London Lad.....who would be able to distribute them to individual members carefully packaged and labeled from the UK, who would be interested?

Here is a poll:

Yes

No

I hope I did this correctly! :)

Steve

P.S. See the picture here:
http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3460

or just look here, courtesy of Davey-Dee!
http://www.senner-tuning.de/shop/images/schaltwippen.jpg

Yea....I got he picture up directly.......yes....thanks Davey from an old guy who didn't grow up with computers!!!!! :)
Steve

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it worked!

Thanks Davey

Steve :)

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I am in if we can get a decent price from PPI

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stella polare.....I used your picture from the other thread!

If you can get it to show here without the link, please do it....and tell me how you did!

Steve :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Right click the picture and 'open in new tab' then copy the link then edit your first post and click 'insert image' just paste the link in and click ok...should show up in your post then.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right click the picture and 'open in new tab' then copy the link then edit your first post and click 'insert image' just paste the link in and click ok...should show up in your post then.
My browser won't let me click on "open in new tab" after I right clicked the picture????? Just able to "copy" it. MS Outlook 7....could that be the problem????

Steve

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Davey , if you ever relocate to America...You can count on a job within my enterprise !!! Your computer skills are GREAT !! We get our feet wet in a whole bunch of different ventures. Insurance,transportation and real estate ...is our main gig . we take our HOBBIES VERY SERIOUSLY TOO. Hobbies eventually make money as well !! :D

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Depending on how the connect, I might be interested. Someone said in the other thread they were $450 for the set, so why a group price of 700-900?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Depending on how the connect, I might be interested. Someone said in the other thread they were $450 for the set, so why a group price of 700-900?
I think others who talked about lower prices were talking about different extensions. These are the CF ones with the original OEM switch surrounded by a beautifully sculpted paddle. These are by PPI, not some of the others who have tried to create similar products.

The cost from PPI or OEMPlus (if they can get them) will be much more than 7 to 900....without a doubt. We are hoping to be able to get a good price if we work directly with PPI and work through London Lad in the UK.

Hopefully that explains the situation here better.

Steve

P.S. These paddles REPLACE the ones on the wheel. Some people can do this installation on their own, but some, like me with 2 left hands and a lack of opposable thumbs, will require the dealer to do the change. That, of course, can vary in cost!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have to make my mind up over which transmission to get within the next 2 days ish so if i do decide to go with R-Tronic i will be interested in these...will let you all know once i've finalized my order :)

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up SB. I'll be in if we can get a better idea on pricing. Past attempts to order from PPI have been frustrating at best (which led to carbonio stepping in with a lower price), so we'll see how that goes.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
These paddles REPLACE the ones on the wheel. Some people can do this installation on their own, but some, like me with 2 left hands and a lack of opposable thumbs, will require the dealer to do the change. That, of course, can vary in cost![/QUOTE]

I was told by my dealer approx $200 for the install.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In my opinion $200 would be great! Did the dealer say if switching paddles changes anything in the warranty?

Steve

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
frontside pics of paddle?!
Stella Polare.....I am sure that the picture is the FRONT side of the paddles. They look very nice. I'm assume the BACKSIDE has well done CF also and is smooth, but that is a question we can ask of PPI.

I know that my M6 paddles have a rubberized back so these could as well I suppose. So it is worth asking PPI.

Steve

1 - 20 of 30 Posts