Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, In previous years I've organised an R8 group of members to meet up at the Silverstone Classic. Dates this year are 30,31 July and 1st August. Is there any interest from the UK based members on this forum?

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Hi Mark, I'm interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I am interested in this.

Also, this Facebook group Grill mentions, which one is it? I am not on FB but my partner is, so asked her to join but we have been blanked by two groups...!? 😐 Do you know if they still active or not?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I am interested in this.

Also, this Facebook group Grill mentions, which one is it? I am not on FB but my partner is, so asked her to join but we have been blanked by two groups...!? 😐 Do you know if they still active or not?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm not on facebook either but I'm heading to the classic. I'll be on the Pistonheads group on the friday (going with a friend who will bring his Jag XKR).
Would be keen to hear about drives etc, are they usually posted on here too?

·
Registered
4 Posts
over on FB, the Audi R8 UK and European Owners group report they will have a stand there, my response was I will be marshalling in the pit lane anyway, so can leave the car on a stand or group parking. 3rd best event at silverstone every year although Saturday is my favourite as it runs longer into night, normally 9pm with Le mans cars running at dusk

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yeah I think Jess is organising a group of R8's as well for this event. Be good if we can join together as one - might even be able to get a parade lap if we have enough?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, Just an update on the Silverstone Classic for 2021. There are few R8 forums and at least two that have applied for infield club parking at this years Classic. There was a FB page that I was a member of called R8 enthusiasts page and also Audi R8 UK and European owners. It makes sense to bring all enthusiasts into one infield parking so can I please suggest that if you want to attend the Classic this year you join the Audi R8 UK and EU owners on FB; once joined the FB admin Jessica will give you the booking code that allows you to book tickets on the Classic webpage and then attend, and we can all join together as one. Hopefully all makes sense but feel free to respond if you need any further support.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thanks Zilly, good idea to join forces.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Zilly, although none of these groups seem to want to accept us, I have no idea why. Tried twice to joint the Audi R8 UK and EU owners group, and twice it looks like they have declined it.
I’ve now given up on these R8 groups!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Zilly, although none of these groups seem to want to accept us, I have no idea why. Tried twice to joint the Audi R8 UK and EU owners group, and twice it looks like they have declined it.
I’ve now given up on these R8 groups!
That's weird. Have you messaged the admin? Jess has been really response when I've messaged her.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I messaged Jess last night and she got back to me within a few hours, prior to that I'd never contacted her in my life.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's weird. Have you messaged the admin? Jess has been really response when I've messaged her.
I haven’t sent a PM, as I don’t think it gives that option, just a request to join. After requesting to join, it says request is “pending”, then after a day or two, it changes to “request to join” as if someone has reviewed and declined the request....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you think you need to be a member of the group to be able to send a message?
The admin will be listed on the group page regardless of if you're a member. Problem is that PMing them might end up in filtered messages they may not see. I PMd you with contact details, but happy to reach out to her for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts