Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Audi R8 Price: 109,000 USD

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Audi of America, LLC announced today pricing for the all-new 2008 R8 sports car. The R8 with a six-speed manual transmission will have a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $109,000 when it launches this fall in the United States. Models equipped with the six-speed R tronic automatic gearbox will start at $118,000.

this is cirrect?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Those are correct US base prices, but I'm not sure if that includes freight or if that's extra...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do we know what's standard? Heated power seats (I hope), keyless-go (hope)..

Is there a place to see the standard features for the US? magna-ride etc..

·
Registered
274 Posts
from my dealer (not much info):

" The magnetic ride will be standard on the US models. I have not heard anything on the lighting or carbon fiber. The order guide I sent you is the most current one I have."

Do we know what's standard? Heated power seats (I hope), keyless-go (hope)..

Is there a place to see the standard features for the US? magna-ride etc..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Guys, this is from the Audi of America press release, hope it helps:

"Standard luxury features include Audi magnetic ride, automatic bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights, LED taillights and LED engine compartment lighting. 19-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, power and heated leather/Alcantara sport seats, cruise control, Sirius® satellite radio, and nine-speaker audio system. An optional Convenience Package includes Audi parking system advanced with rearview camera, Audi hill hold assist, a six-disc CD changer, HomeLink®, Bluetooth® phone prep, auto dimming exterior mirrors, and a storage package.

Stand alone options on the R8 include a 12-speaker, 465-watt Bang & Olufsen® sound system, Alcantara headliner, Audi navigation plus, an upgraded Leather Package, and Enhanced Leather Package which includes a leather covered dash and interior trim pieces, metallic/pearl effect paint, carbon fiber sideblades, body color sideblades, and the previously mentioned R tronic automatic gearbox. These options allow R8 owners to personalize their sports car to make it an even more exclusive vehicle than it is right from the hand-assembly plant in Neckarsulm, Germany. "

M

·
Registered
274 Posts
that would be great-
i can not find that release in any of audi's materials-
do you have the source???
thx

Guys, this is from the Audi of America press release, hope it helps:

"Standard luxury features include Audi magnetic ride, automatic bi-xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights, LED taillights and LED engine compartment lighting. 19-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, power and heated leather/Alcantara sport seats, cruise control, Sirius® satellite radio, and nine-speaker audio system. An optional Convenience Package includes Audi parking system advanced with rearview camera, Audi hill hold assist, a six-disc CD changer, HomeLink®, Bluetooth® phone prep, auto dimming exterior mirrors, and a storage package.

Stand alone options on the R8 include a 12-speaker, 465-watt Bang & Olufsen® sound system, Alcantara headliner, Audi navigation plus, an upgraded Leather Package, and Enhanced Leather Package which includes a leather covered dash and interior trim pieces, metallic/pearl effect paint, carbon fiber sideblades, body color sideblades, and the previously mentioned R tronic automatic gearbox. These options allow R8 owners to personalize their sports car to make it an even more exclusive vehicle than it is right from the hand-assembly plant in Neckarsulm, Germany. "

M

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha this car isn't even available in the USA until Christmas of 2007. And even than who knows.

This is what the local Audi dealer said:

All of our incoming inventory on the 2008 Audi R8 was sold before the delivery. This vehicle will be available probably around Christmas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
great time to be selling a mid-exotic, the damand is high. The Aston, M6 and 997s have been out several years and the Acura/Lexus supers aren't out till after the R8 and we know practically nothing about them.

I wonder this time next year with Acura/Lexus due out end of 08 or early 09 if the R8s will still be sold-out as much.

·
Registered
604 Posts
great time to be selling a mid-exotic, the damand is high. The Aston, M6 and 997s have been out several years and the Acura/Lexus supers aren't out till after the R8 and we know practically nothing about them.

I wonder this time next year with Acura/Lexus due out end of 08 or early 09 if the R8s will still be sold-out as much.
It is sold out until this time next year!

·
Registered
41 Posts
The source for the Audi official release? Audi of America, but if you go to Fortitude.com under the Audi section, type into search "R8 pricing" and they have a copy of the release info there.
I am buying the R8 at The Collection in Miami FL. the biggest Audi retailer in the eastern US. They will receive 8 ones as soon as they are available. They showed me their vehicle order system via accessaudi.com. The thing was suposed to be built on week 25, it is delayed, however their (re-checked today) date for port arrival at Miami is still 8/21/07. I have a copy of the page with the order and a comission number as well. These people are straight and have been very transparent all along. They insist it will be here by that date, they have seen this before and reassured me that even when the built date is delayed, production has come true in the past and met delivery dates. ?????????????? What can I say, I want to believe them and hope it will be here ASAP. what do you guys think.
M.

·
Registered
274 Posts
more specific link:
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_3013.shtml

as for delivery dates in u.s., dont count on anything you are hearing!!
the first cars have been delivered in europe in the past couple of weeks, but i think its still gonna be awhile until we see them in the states.

The source for the Audi official release? Audi of America, but if you go to Fortitude.com under the Audi section, type into search "R8 pricing" and they have a copy of the release info there.
I am buying the R8 at The Collection in Miami FL. the biggest Audi retailer in the eastern US. They will receive 8 ones as soon as they are available. They showed me their vehicle order system via accessaudi.com. The thing was suposed to be built on week 25, it is delayed, however their (re-checked today) date for port arrival at Miami is still 8/21/07. I have a copy of the page with the order and a comission number as well. These people are straight and have been very transparent all along. They insist it will be here by that date, they have seen this before and reassured me that even when the built date is delayed, production has come true in the past and met delivery dates. ?????????????? What can I say, I want to believe them and hope it will be here ASAP. what do you guys think.
M.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with dealer MSRP over pricing on the R8 yet? My sales agent told me to expect $10,000 above sticker due to the cost of setting up to carry the R8 (last April). Recently a friend got a quote from the same dealer of $30-35,000 extra! He is just now trying to get on the list and should have no chance anytime soon, but I hope this isn't turning into a bidding war.
California worried.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I might get one just to resell it. I bet it is possible to get 180k USD from someone who has too much money and too little patience. Who knows possibly more.

Either way you're going to be waiting at least a year after you put in your order to see a car.. probably longer..

·
Registered
782 Posts
I might get one just to resell it. I bet it is possible to get 180k USD from someone who has too much money and too little patience. Who knows possibly more.

Either way you're going to be waiting at least a year after you put in your order to see a car.. probably longer..
I'm sorry. But buying for reselling is a bit lame...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
No it isn't. It's called making money by taking advantage of an opportunity.

Or do you feel that making money is "lame" too?

If you were smart then you would do the same thing.

I would rather have 180 grand than a new R8 that depreciates and loses my money for every mile its being diven.

·
Registered
782 Posts
No it isn't. It's called making money by taking advantage of an opportunity.

Or do you feel that making money is "lame" too?

If you were smart then you would do the same thing.

I would rather have 180 grand than a new R8 that depreciates and loses my money for every mile its being diven.
You are occupying a productionslot as an investment. When too much people do that, the waiting time goes up and up, just because of speculators. After that there could be too much resales just because of speculators and the price will drop in stead of going up.

Making money can be lame, for example making money with drugs or by abusing people / children.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts