Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is another SoCal Audi Club drive Sunday, March 15. It is through the Anza Borrego Desert State Park in the east San Diego area. With the wet weather recently, I think there is a good chance of seeing some awesome wildflower displays. Although I signed up, it turns out I have a conflict and can't be there. I would love to see a report posted on this forum if any members attend. This has the potential to be another epic drive!

Here are some more details:
There will be a mandatory Driver's meeting at 8:45 A.M. (Time change from the web page)
Start address: Peter Piper Pizza 2983 Jamacha Rd El Cajon, CA 92019
End address: Julian Pie Co 21976 Hwy 79 Santa Ysabel, CA 92070
Click here to see the route and driving directions in Google Maps
Click here to check the current wildflower report online
Click here to visit the Audi Club site, the pre-registration link is at the bottom of the article, and registration is free.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The club emailed me some more detailed information on this event:
Grab your camera for a driving adventure over some off the most scenic and challenging roads in Southern California. We'll be traveling out the Hwy 94 to the Desert View Tower overlooking the Anza Borrego Desert to enjoy the vista all the way to the Arizona border. From there we'll head down to Ocotillo and catch the road that takes us along the Great Overland Southern Stage Route of 1849. Following the highway to the desert resort town of Borrego Springs, the excitement of the drive is equally matched by the scenery. Lunch stop at Carlee's Bar & Grill in Borrego (pay as you go) then off for a brief respite at the Borrego Springs Desert Center in hopes of catching some of the elusive wildflowers in bloom. We’ll wind up the drive by going into the mountains along the exciting S22 and finish out the day with a stop at the yummy Julian Pie Company in Santa Ysabel.

TIME and MEETING PLACE: Note new time: 8:15-8:45 a.m. Mandatory drivers' meeting at 8:45. We'll leave promptly at 9:00 a.m Meeting place: Peter Piper Pizza 2983 Jamacha Rd El Cajon, CA 92019 Bring your two-way radios if you have them, and tune in to channel four for quattro.

To get there take the 94 east until it turns into a surface street. Follow for about a mile keeping in the right lane, turning right at the 94/Campo Road intersection. Make the next left at the light into the mall in front of the Edwards Cinema. The meeting area will be on the left. There is a Mobile station in the mall a little further east where you can top off before the trip, which will be necessary since the next opportunity to gas up won't be until Borrego Springs. There are also a Starbucks, Burger King, Carl's Jr, and other various places one can grab a bite before the drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts