Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting that they don't even have a category for the r8 on the audi used website, but Southend Audi have a car listed on autotrader as follows:

2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, 500 miles, Phantom Black Metallic, 19 inch '5 arm double spoke' alloy wheels,3 spoke leather multifunction steering wheel,6 CD changer,ABS & ESP,Acoustic front & rear parking sensors,Air conditioning,Audi DVD satellite navigation system,Driver, passenger & side airbags,Drivers information system (dis),Electric windows,Electronic climate control,Engine immobiliser,fine nappa leather interior,GSM phone preparation with bluetooth,Heated & electric door mirrors,Heated & electric sports seats with electric lumbar support,Isofix,quattro four wheel drive,Remote alarm system,Remote central locking,Retractable rear spoiler,Servotronic power steering,Sports suspension with Audi magnetic ride,Stainless steel pedals,Xenon 'plus' with power wash & led daytime running lights 4WD.

£93,500 Non VAT Qualifying.

Looking at the options, that looks to be about £10k over list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coventry Audi have one as well. There must be at leased 50 plus cars advertised on autotrader and pistionheads it just shows Audi UK doesn’t give a toss who they sell too.
There are people on hear who have waited along time for there car only to see speculators in front of them and when they have a problem Audi uk just don’t seem to care.

my personnel opinion is that if you have a car on order with carbon engine bay cover you are in for a big wait

I’m of to the dealer tomorrow to put down a deposit for the 2030 R8 I mite just be in the top 200 people to get an early car

·
Registered
175 Posts
Over list at an Audi dealer ?? ... BMW dealers I understand are not allow to do this, maybe the same applies to Audi ?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Being over list from an actual Audi dealer was what caught my eye - seen plenty of speculators offering them but this was the first time I'd seen a dealer doing it. Bit of a concern really when the dealer can make more if you don't get/keep the car than if you do.

·
Registered
718 Posts
CORRECTION:

Audi dealers must sell new cars at list (or discount if they want to).

New cars CANNOT be sold over list.

As for secondhand cars, they can do what they want. This situation of used cars being worth more than new was obviously never forseen when dealers sign the agency agreement.

·
Registered
73 Posts
MMM i`m not sure where this info came from i cant find it on Auto Trader ,
I am very proud to have the ONLY R8 in southend :)
I Was on the phone no more than 20 mins ago with Ian the R8 guy at Southend Audi and there was NO mention of this .....

scott

·
Registered
617 Posts
I am very proud to have the ONLY R8 in southend :)
I Was on the phone no more than 20 mins ago with Ian the R8 guy at Southend Audi and there was NO mention of this .....

scott
They have two for sale on their own web site www.essex-audi.com

Enquire Now
Price: £91995.00
Color: Ibis White
Mileage: 1800
Interior color: black fine nappa leather
Specifications includes:

Heated & electric sports seats with electric lumbar supportquattro four wheel drive, Audi DVD satellite navigation system, 6 CD changer, Drivers information system (dis), Engine immobiliser.

Electric windows, Servotronic power steering, Remote central locking, Remote alarm system, Air conditioning with dual electronic climate controls.

passenger & side airbags, Driver, [ABS & ESP, Manual, Stainless steel peddles] .

Retractable rear spoiler, GSM phone preparation with bluetooth, Carbon sigma sideblades, Sports suspension with Audi magnetic ride, Exterior lighting pack.

isofix, 3 spoke leather multifunction steering wheel, Acoustic front & rear parking sensors, Heated & electric door mirrors.

Enquire Now
Price: £108995.00
Color: Phantom Black Metallic
Mileage: 0
Interior color:
Specifications includes:

Lighting packRetractable rear spoiler, Sports suspension with Audi magnetic ride, isofix, GSM phone preparation with bluetooth] , 3 spoke leather multifunction steering wheel.

Acoustic front & rear parking sensors, quattro four wheel drive & Servotronic power steering, Heated electric autodimming & folding door mirrors, Heated & electric sports seats with electric lumbar support, Audi DVD satellite navigation system.

Bang & olufsen sound system & 6 CD changer, Drivers information system (dis), Engine immobiliser, Electric windows, Cruise control & Audi hill hold assist.

Remote central locking, Remote alarm system, Air conditioning & electronic climate controls, Stainless steel pedals, passenger & side airbags.

Driver, [ABS & ESP, Manual.

Close Window

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ah this is not Audi Dealer , just some site selling Audi`s in Essex in fact them cars could be anywhere in the UK.

Scott

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ah this is not Audi Dealer , just some site selling Audi`s in Essex in fact them cars could be anywhere in the UK.

Scott

Check again, this is the website for all the branches withing the group including Southend. Trust me I know, I am very well in with this group - hence taking delivery of their first R8 over two months ago.

If you still do not believe me check the contacts list.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Strange how the hell can they do this ? i dont really have room to talk as i paid over the top to get mine, but its a bit ruff on peeps that have there orders in for 2 years.

scott

·
Registered
617 Posts
Strange how the hell can they do this ? i dont really have room to talk as i paid over the top to get mine, but its a bit ruff on peeps that have there orders in for 2 years.

scott
Because these cars are one owner secondhand cars which have been given back to or sold to the dealer. I know for a fact that the white one must have come from somewhere else, as they only said to me the other day thaat they have just received their first order for a white R8, or is this a very quick delivery ? I think not.

At the end of the day it is all down to running a commercial business within the rules, but no rules where made for secondhand cars. So they can charge whatever a customer is prepared to pay.

Someone once told me that ethics no longer come into business - they may be just right !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ad has been removed since I posted the details here.

The original post was copy and pasted from autotrader and it was the official audi southend dealer that had it listed as not only did it display the official logo on the ad, the popup window also linked to their actual audi.co.uk sub-site. This wasn't just a listing for some random dealer in southend.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Given the mileage on the essex-audi.co.uk r8 rtronic is listed there as 0, that would make it harder to argue it is a used car.

·
Registered
604 Posts

scott
If they had their name down for 2 years then it is likely they have had their cars.

Some wise people took a punt and risked a little cash to make a bob. There will always be some people who were willing to pay over list (I was considering buying the car you bought - Glad I didn't)

In the end we had the same chance as the speculators.

I might (but doubt) get bored in a few months and will be happy to sell over list

·
Registered
178 Posts
How can it have 0 miles?? On another thread on this forum people have been getting their cars with minimum 40 miles to around 90 miles on the clock when they come off the transporter?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe they don't have the physical car and are just listing it with 0 to indicate "delivery miles"?

·
Registered
73 Posts
If they had their name down for 2 years then it is likely they have had their cars.

Some wise people took a punt and risked a little cash to make a bob. There will always be some people who were willing to pay over list (I was considering buying the car you bought - Glad I didn't)

In the end we had the same chance as the speculators.

I might (but doubt) get bored in a few months and will be happy to sell over list
you almost brought my car , how do you know that ?

scott

·
Registered
604 Posts
you almost brought my car , how do you know that ?

scott
I came off the list due to a medical issue.

When I found out I was not going to be in a casket any time soon I contacted my dealer who said he knew a chap who was going to sell as soon as he could due to a change in circumstances (his Dad has a white one BTW). As it happened Audi hadn't taken me off the list so I waited for a new one (1/3/08) so never went ahead

Then again it might not be the bloke and I am talking cr*p :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
You not talking Cr*p that is the same bloke , i dont regret buying the car at all ,love being one of the first to own one .
mmm Saying that she is going back in next week the sat nav is doing strange things again oooohhhh sigh..

scott

·
Registered
604 Posts
I am glad too.

By the time I get mine the ogling will have stopped - which is probably the opposite for you (no offence) but I am fat 50 and bald and the look of disappointment on young ladies faces will be heartbreaking :(

But on the other hand I am fat 50 and bald and have an R8!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts