Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Plus has the option sports seats. I found out tonight that there are speakers in the head rests? I knew the Spyders did but didn’t know the coupes did.
I found out by directing all the sound to the rear and sure enough theres sound coming out of the head rest. Are there other speakers behind the seats too? I cant tell because there’s a black zipper pocket thing stretched across the back bulkhead.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just found out about the speakers in the headrest myself a couple of days ago as well. I, too, have a coupe. As for speakers in the rear, I don't believe there are. I saw a teardown of the RWS and it didn't appear to have anything back there. I could be wrong, though. It seems odd to have speaker grilles there, but no speakers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just found out about the speakers in the headrest myself a couple of days ago as well. I, too, have a coupe. As for speakers in the rear, I don't believe there are. I saw a teardown of the RWS and it didn't appear to have anything back there. I could be wrong, though. It seems odd to have speaker grilles there, but no speakers.
If you ordered the premium B&O system then you would get the speakers in the headrest area of the seat mine is located there in the race seat , it sounds amazing when you have the proper sourced audio or video( movie)

1582341934121.jpeg

·
Registered
62 Posts
The buckets come in RED!?

I don't think US had that option but I dig it

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Anyone here can compare B&O to stock speakers ?
In my opinion it's just few speakers more.
Speakers quality are horrible- they were made from paper etc.
Low possible price audio sold for big money.

·
Registered
792 Posts
B&O are pretty good sounding "factory" speakers. Definitely in another league compared to the Audi symphony speakers.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
It's a bit better in comparsion to stocks Audi speakers.

Now I am thinking about retrofit B&O to my R8+ becouse I have not that option.
But when I saw that speakers quality and also price needed to do full retrofit ( about 5k USD ) I said no...
Now will try to made custom Audio with Helix and Scan Speak components- 7.1 system ( price should be also about 4-5k USD ).
On photos you can see little difference :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a bit better in comparsion to stocks Audi speakers.

Now I am thinking about retrofit B&O to my R8+ becouse I have not that option.
But when I saw that speakers quality and also price needed to do full retrofit ( about 5k USD ) I said no...
Now will try to made custom Audio with Helix and Scan Speak components- 7.1 system ( price should be also about 4-5k USD ).
On photos you can see little difference :)

View attachment 248440

View attachment 248441
I have B&O in my car, it is bad for their brand image IMO. It is simply not that good. The vocals is fine but mid range and bass is.....I would say unsatisfactory. I have had B&O system in BMW M6 Gran Coupe which the center speaker would rise up when you have it on and it sounds very good even though that system was designed almost 10 years ago. I also have B&O system at home because I liked it a lot from the bmw. But now I’m really disappointed at their system in my R8. All in all it does not worth the money to retrofit it to your car, for the money you car get way better system than this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The system still have some characters from B&O, but in general it feels like it was made by other factory but tuned and branded B&O on it☹. It’s about the same level as Bose on Porsche when it should be on par with Burmester.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's interesting because the first thing I noticed was how good the bass was compared to my wife's Q60 redsport Bose system. I love the B&O setup and sound in my R8.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For this type of vehicle the sound system is excellent. The Burmester in 911 is better but that is a 2+2 so different type.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
System that is mounted in R8 B&O it's cheapest possible **** with speakers that can be produced in China and probably it is for possible lowest price. It can't sounds good.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have B&O in my 2017 Plus I do not believe they offered them in the seat in that model year. Maybe the 2020 models have that?

It definitely sounds way better than the non B&O system. However, the R8 B&O cannot hold a candle to the B&O in my RS7. I think because it's a larger cabin and different speaker configuration but wow does the RS7 B&O sound nice! The tweeters up front rise out of the dash with is awesome every time the car turns on. Even my wife commented saying how much better it sounds! ?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have B&O in my 2017 Plus I do not believe they offered them in the seat in that model year. Maybe the 2020 models have that?

It definitely sounds way better than the non B&O system. However, the R8 B&O cannot hold a candle to the B&O in my RS7. I think because it's a larger cabin and different speaker configuration but wow does the RS7 B&O sound nice! The tweeters up front rise out of the dash with is awesome every time the car turns on. Even my wife commented saying how much better it sounds! ?
They do come in 17-18" IF you order the sports seats. My buddy just scooped a lightly used 17' coupe and it has the sports seats with the speakers in the headrest.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Agree B&O is not premium and sound is mediocre, I was surprised that my sound system in my Kia Stinger Harman and Kardon is far superior.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Agree B&O is not premium and sound is mediocre, I was surprised that my sound system in my Kia Stinger Harman and Kardon is far superior.
It's mediocre but if you listen to a non B&O in an R8 it's beyond bad so B&O is a must!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would classify the R8 B&O as disappointing. It's not bad. And some songs/sources sound better than others. I have an '18 Plus with headrest speakers and every time I turn the system on, I expect to hear some phenomenal sound but always get disappointed again. It's fine as car stereos go, but likely the worst sounding system I have ever had in a car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts