Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The absolute worst part about this if it happened to me would be the fact everyone would know I'm a legitimate 40 something year old Virginia. It's been a rough go, but I'll close the deal one day. Pray for me.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

· Registered
1,385 Posts
If I had to park in the city over night, it would definitely be in a nice hotel with secured parking and some liability.

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guy/girl who did it is definitely a prick, but it won't cause me to change where I park my car. I treat my r8 like any other car. I've had two "vandalism" things in 5 years of ownership. Milkshake thrown on car at a fancy mall and a piece of gum stuck to my passenger mirror once in California. I just don't worry about it and if it happened I'd just get it fixed and move on.

· Registered
984 Posts
The absolute worst part about this if it happened to me would be the fact everyone would know I'm a legitimate 40 something year old Virginia. It's been a rough go, but I'll close the deal one day. Pray for me. View attachment 283488
I don’t condone death penalty but when I see stuff like this, well … #[email protected]$#

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This reminds me of a thread on here a while ago when some guy posted dash cam footage of some punk kid throwing a bottle at his car and the guy chased down the kid and held him down until cops came.

It was super interesting to see everyone's reaction. Half the people horrified thst the guy would chase down the poor scared kid. The other half, like me, thought the kid got what he deserved and would have been approving of someone dealing our own children that way.

I think perhaps the most important charactaristic in a person is being able to take personal responsibility for our actions.

· Registered
828 Posts
I don't get the jealous reaction some people have. When I had a little, I bought what I could afford and fixed it up when I had the money, and worked my hobby around my life, not the other way around. Some jerk sees a nice car and thinks it was just given to us undeservedly? There will always be haters and jealous people, but it really talks about the type of people that they are inside. Scumbags.

Reactions: viappc

· Registered
828 Posts
Amen, they are where they are due to their own actions or inaction.

· Registered
2022 RWD R8, Daytona grey, red calipers, carbon interior, full leather package, red stitching
62 Posts
I don't get the jealous reaction some people have. When I had a little, I bought what I could afford and fixed it up when I had the money, and worked my hobby around my life, not the other way around. Some jerk sees a nice car and thinks it was just given to us undeservedly? There will always be haters and jealous people, but it really talks about the type of people that they are inside. Scumbags.

· Registered
2022 RWD R8, Daytona grey, red calipers, carbon interior, full leather package, red stitching
62 Posts
This reminds me of a thread on here a while ago when some guy posted dash cam footage of some punk kid throwing a bottle at his car and the guy chased down the kid and held him down until cops came.

It was super interesting to see everyone's reaction. Half the people horrified thst the guy would chase down the poor scared kid. The other half, like me, thought the kid got what he deserved and would have been approving of someone dealing our own children that way.

I think perhaps the most important charactaristic in a person is being able to take personal responsibility for our actions.
That was me....

· Registered
62 Posts
How did that end?
The police took him to the station because he was a minor. Never heard back from anyone. They probably called the parents and told them........you've gotta come down and pick up your kid. He got in trouble again....I hope he learned a lesson that day, otherwise.......trouble in the horizon for that 14-year-old kid.

· Premium Member
207 Posts
I don’t condone death penalty but when I see stuff like this, well … #[email protected]$#
Death for tagging? So what would be the escalation in penalty for a serious crime? Death, resurrection, death again, resurrection, death…🧐

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's an honest question. What should be the penalty for this? My opinion is the guy should get thrown a beating with a broken nose but not jaw, have to pay for the damage, but not have a criminal record for it. I think that would be a fair outcome. Getting punched in the face is a healthy thing in life from time to time I think for people like that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts