Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And finally, I get my R8.......

RMC, L3, and others. You are right. You cannot drive without being stared at. On the M25 this afternoon, driving casually at 60-70 mph, people kept steaming up the middle lane to pull alongside and oggle.

Not sure I like the feeling of being in a goldfish bowl.

Anyway, the car is a dream! 63 miles on the clock (Audi = 51, dealer PDI =12)

I can only repeat what others have alreadsy said; the wait is absolutely worth it.

The dealer made an error. There is a free luggage set, but it will be delivered direct by Audi shortly.

Here is a picture of the most unique R8 so far. Thrilled with the blue. Not 100% convinced on the oxygen silver, but I can live with it. Next time around I would go for ice silver.

L3 - Look forward to seeing you locally.

Elliott - Thanks very much for holding off.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeet, very very nice! Darn!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well done mate :)

Thought of you this morning, if you are ever back down Guildford way give me a shout and we can meet up, would love a closer look at the inside as well.

Will post my pics up if you want, are you ok with number plate being shown?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Elliot,

I am occasionally in your area, and would be more than happy to meet up.

Interior is standard option black - nothing special - but with the "no cost" alcantara/leather mix seats and "no cost" leather gear knob (much better if you wear a ring on your left hand than the aluminium one).

Yes, you can post the pics, no problem. I could not get pictures inserted, other than the thumbnail.

·
Registered
149 Posts

RMC, L3, and others. You are right. You cannot drive without being stared at. On the M25 this afternoon, driving casually at 60-70 mph, people kept steaming up the middle lane to pull alongside and oggle.

I am surprised you get all the attention with such an understated car!!!! Congrats - looks fantastic. Mine coming next friday - so excited

John

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JP,

Enjoy it ! I certainly am.

You will get the attention whatever the colour. The daytime lights ensure that. Just watch out for:-

(1) Parking - unless you have sensors.
(2) Idiots vying with other road users trying to pull level with you for a look. Some came close to crashing into eachother today...
(3) Fuel spills when filling up.
(4) Excess speed - you can cruise at low revs without realising quite what speed you are doing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Congrats R8 England. Is oxygen silver blade a special order color? because here in the US we don't get oxygen silver blade. We only get ice silver blade as far as silver blade goes.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, its a standard available UK option.

Standard UK options (at extra cost) are carbon fibre or oxygen silver sideblades.

·
Registered
564 Posts
WOW wow WOW!! youre rite, the most exotic so far
very nice.. congrats!

enjoy it!

and for ALL of you.. have save drives! ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
This is the colour I wanted to order here in Sydney
But I was told it was not possible
Not sure about the sideblade however
Can anyone with the skills photoshop some darker sideblades onto the picture please. This was my old s4 colour.
Surely if its possible to order in RHD in England, it must be possible in Australia!
Then again the luggage is not happening here either
nor any deliveries yet either for that matter.
But our official launch happened last week with a LHD model and with the S5.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well Matt,

You have a picture. Take it up with your local people..........

I was toying with ice silver or mugello blue as well, but I think some form of "duller" finish silver or grey is probably better that oxygen.

Remember, the sideblades come off, so it can't cost that much to re-spray to whatever colour you want.

This is the colour I wanted to order here in Sydney
But I was told it was not possible
Not sure about the sideblade however
Can anyone with the skills photoshop some darker sideblades onto the picture please. This was my old s4 colour.
Surely if its possible to order in RHD in England, it must be possible in Australia!
Then again the luggage is not happening here either
nor any deliveries yet either for that matter.
But our official launch happened last week with a LHD model and with the S5.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mugello Blue is my order at the moment
But a sprint blue car with Mugello blue sideblades is my ultimate choice
I will probably delay delivery by 6 months if I even sneeze at the order however.

Congratulations on the sprint blue however - fantastic
Can you confirm that you did not pay any extra for sprint blue colour.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did pay extra.

Prices for standard colours as per price list.

Exclusive colours for body are GBP £2400.00 extra.

·
Registered
617 Posts

Anyway, the car is a dream! 63 miles on the clock (Audi = 51, dealer PDI =12)

I can only repeat what others have alreadsy said; the wait is absolutely worth it.

The dealer made an error. There is a free luggage set, but it will be delivered direct by Audi shortly.

Here is a picture of the most unique R8 so far. Thrilled with the blue. Not 100% convinced on the oxygen silver, but I can live with it. Next time around I would go for ice silver.

L3 - Look forward to seeing you locally.

Greg, worth the wait then ??? Stunning colour - look forward to passing one morning or evening. Like you, not sure about the blades, I think carbon would look great and compiment the engine bay - hey each to their own. Enjoy being on the inside of a goldfish bowl and remember to smile, not too hard with a car like this :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
That is soooo sweet , no wonder they are staring. It's really nice to see different colours on the car. Hope you are enjoying it!! Feeling unimaginative now with Silver/carbon.
Interested by your comment re luggage. Are all UK customers getting free luggage, or did I miss something. Had a run from Aberdeen to Sheffield and back this weekend. Hoped I might see an R8 en route. Not one unfortunately! I guess there aren't that many around yet. Don't recall feeling like this for decades with that wait for Xmas

1 - 20 of 22 Posts