1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I can understand why it would 'seem' quicker because its effectively pushing the throttle pedal more than you are used to.

I say you can do exactly the same thing with your foot :)

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Sounds like a crock......
"• Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.

• Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.

• Sprint Booster DOES make your car 'FEEL' faster.

• Sprint Booster is not for everyone."

·
Registered
246 Posts
Pretty much does what the sports chrono does on the Carrera S. It enhances the driving experience by making the car feel more responsive to throttle imput. That's why I keep the "sport" button engaged on my 911 most all the time.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
This upgrade makes ALOT of sense to me. There is a noticeable delay in the throttle by wire. I am used to my foot being connected to throttle bodies, on other engines. Mash your foot in an R 8, and it revs NOWHERE as quick as my carburetted 911S engine. If a device like this can do what it claims...I am going for it. MAYBE the remapping could help this ?? Computers are making some things a little less efficient. More standarised. More and more I am understanding the many reasons why some guys went with the less complicated standard transmissions. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know it does not apply to the R8, but I added the Sprint Booster to my M5 and it made a world of difference. I know it is only throttle response that is being adjusted, but I would equate it to adding 50 hp for a very minimal amount of $.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
This upgrade makes ALOT of sense to me. There is a noticeable delay in the throttle by wire. I am used to my foot being connected to throttle bodies, on other engines. Mash your foot in an R 8, and it revs NOWHERE as quick as my carburetted 911S engine. If a device like this can do what it claims...I am going for it. MAYBE the remapping could help this ?? Computers are making some things a little less efficient. More standarised. More and more I am understanding the many reasons why some guys went with the less complicated standard transmissions. :)

Looking at thier graphs it doesn't seem to alter any programmed delay, just the pedal position input. Anyone with a decent OBD reader could check this.

I think it will require remapping to alter any delay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts