Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
My top did not open at the same time my a/c compressor went out so they couldn't get to it.

After many hours of labor there was a pinched wire somewhere. No parts but labor to find wasn't cheap. lol

· Registered
1,385 Posts

· Registered
1,385 Posts
Ranch i have a full manual i bought on my car…so iam here to help .:)
I have a manual for mine too, I just never thought to be so thorough. You're a good man.

Reactions: Dimitri

· Registered
Audi R8 GT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The problem I have is that my roof is Stuck in closed so it won’t go convertible . And there is no instructions to open the convertible top and going backwards really doesn’t work. Very annoyed at the situation and really no help from Audi.

· Registered
2,215 Posts
The problem I have is that my roof is Stuck in closed so it won’t go convertible . And there is no instructions to open the convertible top and going backwards really doesn’t work. Very annoyed at the situation and really no help from Audi.
G with the car off press the convertible button should depressurize the hydraulics.
And then start and try again.
Also does back window go down?
If it dont convertible top won’t work.
Also more fuses behind passenger side seat…FYI.
You need to check all fuses.
And if still don’t work you need to do manual procedure and check all limit switches.
But the key is rear window needs to go down.

· Registered
617 Posts
I don’t know how to do that.
So start with reading your manual. There are several pages concerning the operation of the roof.
If you don't have one there is a web application called My Audi where you can read it online.
Also try to open the roof while driving between 5 and 50 km/hr and check if the tailgate is closed....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts