Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls,
Apologies, pretty sure I’ve seen this type of post before but cannot find it?
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille Vehicle

The Aluminium pillar trim around the screen is stained and deffo getting worse. It looks as though there is a thick plastic wrapped over the base material and the staining is between the two underneath. I suppose I could have it wrapped black ( as the car has a Black pack anyway) but it’s just annoying it’s there. I read that baby oil can work? All I can think is that it slowly penetrates and keeps the staining from drying out and showing? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks 😊

·
Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
165 Posts
Hi Guys and Girls,
Apologies, pretty sure I’ve seen this type of post before but cannot find it?
View attachment 275096

The Aluminium pillar trim around the screen is stained and deffo getting worse. It looks as though there is a thick plastic wrapped over the base material and the staining is between the two underneath. I suppose I could have it wrapped black ( as the car has a Black pack anyway) but it’s just annoying it’s there. I read that baby oil can work? All I can think is that it slowly penetrates and keeps the staining from drying out and showing? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks 😊
I've seen this before on other Audi's too. I never knew about the baby oil, I guess its no harm to try it and see if it works. It does appear to be some sort of ingress and separation between the two. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen this before on other Audi's too. I never knew about the baby oil, I guess its no harm to try it and see if it works. It does appear to be some sort of ingress and separation between the two. Let us know how you get on.
I'll give it a go..but tbh cant see how it would penetrate really. Will let you know(y)

·
Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
165 Posts
I'll give it a go..but tbh cant see how it would penetrate really. Will let you know(y)
True, but you never know. If anything you've given your car some love and caressing. Maybe put on some nice music whilst you do it.....

·
Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
165 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts