Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What pedals did you get, sounds a silly question until I saw a picture of JampoTT 's interior which shows pedals with a cross cut surface.

My stainless pedal option came with rubber horizontal ribs.

What is the correct spec, or did I just get the cast offs from the TT?

Has their been a spec change from 2007 to 2008 models?

·
Registered
381 Posts
BTW if anyone knows the part numbers to upgrade the pedals (if indeed it is possible) then I'd love to know. I don't like having the rubber, but thought the cost to upgrade was a ripoff!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW if anyone knows the part numbers to upgrade the pedals (if indeed it is possible) then I'd love to know. I don't like having the rubber, but thought the cost to upgrade was a ripoff!
Opps, my mistake then - you can get the s/steel pedals as an accessory, this was discussed many months ago on another thread - not sure which thread, but I did notice that is was nearly half the option price to do the job yourself and it is about half an hour to change over.

So speak with your dealer for prices and delivery.

·
Registered
439 Posts
My car has the metal pedals with the horizontal rubber stripes to which L3MAN referred as an option on his UK car.

I did not order any special pedals. Are they either standard in U.S. cars or part of the Convenience Package (which I did order)?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have to confess, I just cant understand why the Metal pedals are "extra" on the R8,yet are standard fit at no extra cost on a TT. They are IDENTICAL My only gripe at all over my gorgeous car is the fact that so many things that should have been standard on the car were expensive add ons.:mad:

·
Registered
104 Posts
My car has the metal pedals with the horizontal rubber stripes to which L3MAN referred as an option on his UK car.

I did not order any special pedals. Are they either standard in U.S. cars or part of the Convenience Package (which I did order)?
MANY, MANY accessories are standard (or included in the required Prem Pkg) on US cars that our UK counterparts have to spec and pay extra for. All the more reason the US R8 price is soooooo attractive. The R8 is truly a buy in the US compared to the UK, Australia, Koera and elsewhere.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The R8 is truly a buy in the US compared to the UK, Australia, Koera and elsewhere.
Well, I'd be a tad more impressed with the "deal" I got on a $126,000 car if it hadn't been to the service shop four times in the first month: diagnoses and then replacements of a malfunctioning magnetic ride damper, a faulty engine relay, and a failed brake sensor switch.

·
Registered
190 Posts
those plastic pedals are horrible, what made thing worse i went into the dealer to be told that a new TTS is coming out, and with this mag ride (with sports setting), heated seats, twin colour nappa leather and a whole host of goodies is standard equipment, and the car is half the price of the R8. oh well......maybe the next R8 will have more kit std.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm in the US and I have the aluminum pedals, I'm not sure if it was part of the Premium package.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts