Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the basic sound system in my car which does not give out any sound from behind the seats. When I adjust the fader to full rear bias the sound still comes from the front of the car in exactly the same way as it does on full front bias. Does anyone know if this is normal? There are speaker grills behind the rear seat but are there any speakers behind them?

·
Registered
49 Posts
There are no speakers behind the grills inthe rear with the standard sound system--Just pull the grill out to check ,you will find a large hole where the B&O speaker is normally fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no speakers behind the grills inthe rear with the standard sound system--Just pull the grill out to check ,you will find a large hole where the B&O speaker is normally fitted.
Thanks for the reply. Does seem odd that Audi put a speaker grill there when there is no speaker. Also seems odd to me that I still hear sound from the front speakers when I move the fader to full rear bias. I would have expected full rear bias to shut the sound off with there being no rear speakers or there to have been a softwear change to the head unit so as not to give an option to bias the fader when it has no function:confused: All that aside, an £80K+ car should have sound coming from behind the seats as standard even if it is only a basic system.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Neither the base system or theB&O have a Ipod connection.Audi,s accessory Ipod kit can be fitted, but this is in place of the CD changer(you can not have both)RNS-E which the system is based is not new ,and is the same as fitted to other models A3/A4 ,just the front controls have a different layout.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Standard iPod Input Jack!

Neither the base system or theB&O have a Ipod connection.Audi,s accessory Ipod kit can be fitted, but this is in place of the CD changer(you can not have both)RNS-E which the system is based is not new ,and is the same as fitted to other models A3/A4 ,just the front controls have a different layout.
According to one of the moderators on Fourtitude.com all R8's built after week 43 (a couple of weeks ago) WILL have an input jack as standard equipment!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts