Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I get my R8 in a week and was wondering whether the standard stereo in it is good and whether it is bose as i have bose in my RS4? Im from the UK if this makes any difference, thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ye i know lol, but I was just wondering whether the standard system is any good and whether it is BOSE?

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
The standard stereo is not a premium brand but it has been fine for me although I'm no audiophile and prefer engine to music.

The premium stereo is bang and olufsen for the r8 and it's a cost option around the £1,200 mark.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
do you have a link for the ipod connection? wondering if it is compatible with the cd multichanger or a replacement for it like a lot of other ipod setups are.

·
Registered
604 Posts
That would be good to know. I suspect for £199 it is an Aux connection that wasn't available on early cars rather than a fully intergrated setup (playlists etc)

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I got the aux in 3.5mm jack on mine, delivered back at the end of march - hope it's a proper integrated setup not just that.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
thanks, got to say I really love the sd card setup as a way to access music. not used the cd autochanger once, just have a handful of 2gb cards with the stuff I listen to as background music for the engine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
CD changer sounds way better........ MP3 is convenient, but is not a great format. MP4 or AIFF would be a better file type to use.

And I have the B&O in mine too. :)

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
it's good enough for me, but I guess I'm easily pleased :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
The AUX port works great. I have a belkin charger with actual line out rather than head phones, and it works great. I have a few cords in the center area, but nothing that gets in the way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
According to the bumf from Audi, the iPod connector is supposed to be a fully integrated system with full display of playlists and ability to switch via steering wheel controls. HOWEVER, when I spoke with the dealer yesterday to book the car in, they had not received any info from Audi. But check the Audi Newletter, page 6 for details.

·
Registered
604 Posts
My dealer has the info and he agrees with your detaild. I will have it done when it goes in for its 1st service in the next month or so

1 - 16 of 16 Posts