Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust and was wondering which one sounds better and also has the best HP gains. I love a very loud exhaust that sounds like an F1 Car. I've heard great things about both of these cars on youtube and the forum and need to make a decision. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Can't wait to hear those two in person some day. I've only heard my Miltek and plenty of stock exhausts for R8 so far. You definitely don't want the Miltek...VERY low tone. Not a Euro sound at all, let alone F1 ! But still nicer sounding than stock-FOR SURE.

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Have yet to hear the Capristo in person, But from the videos I have heard my Stasis sounds better. I think the remote control for valves is kind of gimmicky and unneeded since you will always want the vales open. Also I could not find any claims of what power gains the Capristo will give you. Stasis does claim 18hp and has a dyno. Also saw this dyno of a stock R8 with just Stasis which backs up Stasis claim. Big reason to go for Stasis is you can go through an Audi dealer to install. http://shop.achtuning.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1469 has two in stock with free shipping, I wouldn't wait to long since once they are out of stock it can take a couple months for more to be ready.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Anyone heard either of these on the V10 yet? I'd like more F1 than muscle car and not too much louder than stock.

The Stasis V8 sounds great but I can't tell much from the single V10 vid they have if the timbre is the same. Also some say the Stasis is too loud.

The Capristo has the valving option, but with the valves open they look like they are basically open headers. I'm not sure I really want it that loud even at the track, so this system may be both too much and too little.

Also, the GT exhaust will be out soon. Any thoughts on how that sounds compared to a stock V10?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the V8 with the Stasis and it sounded amazing. I now have the V10 and did the Stasis upgrade. The sound is incredible. Beautiful workmanship. I will say that the V10 is louder than the V8...

Steve, you heard my V8. If you like that tone, you'll love it on your V10. I will warn you that this is louder...

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
What exactly would be void under warranty if you install anything other than a Stasis exhaust? Seems kind of petty that an aftermarket exhaust would void anything! This Stasis/Audi venture reminds me of BMW/Dinan, way overpriced.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
To me the STaSIS is perfect. Agressive but not too loud. It really has made the driving experience of an amazing car that much better. I get as many compliments on how the car sounds as how it looks. This includes people at the track that see and hear all kinds of exotic cars and "non-car" people.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Where is a good site to hear the Stasis v Capristo?....youtube is less than satisfying, for the most part....

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
To anyone that has Stasis installed. Does it drone inside the car on the Highway? Is it sooo loud the cops will be onto you a mile away?
Not for me. It is easy enough to carry on a normal conversation at 70+ mph in either 5th or 6th gear. Certainly the B&O sound system can easily drown out any noise but you can enjoy it at lower levels too. It is just loud enough to be noticed but in a subtle kind of way. Cops will not notice you from a distance.

I had recorded the exhaust sound right at the bumper and I will post a YouTube video I just created.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would agree that the Stasis doesn't drone at highway speeds. It is loud but not so much that the cops are gonna have an issue (unless you live in Mayberry).

If you track the car, you will appreciate the extra volume so you won't have to bother looking at the tach to know when to shift.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Since my R8 passed smog check with a Miltek, it must have cats inside??

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
To anyone that has Stasis installed. Does it drone inside the car on the Highway? Is it sooo loud the cops will be onto you a mile away?
I wouldn't describe it as droning but I have noticed that there something in my dashboard which now resonates at around 55 mph. It is quite a bit louder than the stock ..not sure if the cops would be bothered but my neighbors have commented on it!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust and was wondering which one sounds better and also has the best HP gains. I love a very loud exhaust that sounds like an F1 Car. I've heard great things about both of these cars on youtube and the forum and need to make a decision. Please help. Thanks.
Biggest regret on selling my R8 V8 will be missing the F1 type roar from the Stasis Exhaust.

With respect to any else other out there... there is NOTHING as good on a R8 V8 if you are after a roar..

My nicest experience is one track day when a F430 Scuderia was belting around with me and quite a lot of people came up to me in the pits and mentioned what a awesome sound the R8 made on the track and how they preferred it over the Ferrari.

The ultimate compliment I thought.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Off thread , because I have the Miltek, but...My buddies comment that inside my R8s' V8 cabin, the engine sounds are very quiet (windows up). But from a bystanders ears, the car is waay loud. (almost too loud) A deep muscle car sound. The new V10's with after- market exhaust just sound beautifull. . :D And the Stasis is too loud for some track Db regulations. Desparado recently removed his Stasis Ex. from his Stasis S.C. car. Being in the Outback has its' perks.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Not for me. It is easy enough to carry on a normal conversation at 70+ mph in either 5th or 6th gear. Certainly the B&O sound system can easily drown out any noise but you can enjoy it at lower levels too. It is just loud enough to be noticed but in a subtle kind of way. Cops will not notice you from a distance.

I had recorded the exhaust sound right at the bumper and I will post a YouTube video I just created.

PM sent.......

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
dailydriver, How much louder is the stasis in the car during cruising speeds on the highway? Do you have interior drone at all?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts